CBBT on Wed. Pre Turkey Day

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ranger Tim

Reaction score
Went down to the tunnel with a buddy boat to hit the schoolies and see if there are any larger fish lurking anywhere. Had no luck with casting to the islands from 3-7 PM, then switched to the SBC area and found the birds working the bait so we anchored and bailed 20-23 inch fish for a few hours. I had several musician friends on board that got a huge kick out of the non stop action. My buddy boat had the largest fish of the day at 30 inches off a stretch 25 he floats way back while casting. I experimented with how much of a Gotcha shad must be left on a hook before the fish stop hitting.

We ended the night around midnight and trailered home. I love this time of year! The fish were delicious baked in lemon juice with rosemary sprinkled on top. Some blues were caught and kept. I like to smoke them after soaking in brine with kosher salt - yummm!

Boat ran well after being put up since Memorial Day. Last week I pulled the lower unit and did the impeller, plus fluids, etc. No sign of the intermittent motor bog-down I had last spring. I still have no idea what it was... perhaps it was the ethanol gremlin. Sorry no pics! Here's one from my summer vacation out west instead. :)

Attachments

• Wotan Web.jpg
    Wotan Web.jpg
    87.3 KB · Views: 53
"Floating a Stretch 25"? :shock:

Hmmmmmm.... I'm going to have to try that when I get down there on Dec 21st. :wink:
Can't see why not. After all, it's just another 'fishy' hard bait, right?

Back