CC Stereo and Speaker Placement?

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

FishPimp

Reaction score
Wanting to add a stereo to my 23SE After talking to a few stereo people my options seem less than perfect. What have other people done to their Parker? I am going to use the Clarion CMD5 with remote and sat radio (so I can listen to the Sox stomp the Yankees) and add the ipod changer. My problem is the speakers what to buy and where to put them. Any suggestions and tips would be greatly appreciated.

Not easy to see in this photo, but this center console has the speakers mounted about "knee level" on the rear face of the console where they are protected from direct contact with weather.

Image-ECC59AB7F6B411DB.jpg

The head unit is mounted inside the console where it is out of the weather, and is controlled by the remote that you see under the VHV microphone.
The head unit is connected to XM sat radio via a Garmin interface that had not been installed when this photo was taken.

Don't understand the question...

I thought "stereo" is having 2 Shimano Speedmasters go off at the same time.

ahhhh......Beautiful Music to me. :D

FishFactory":1vtnw40n said:
I thought "stereo" is having 2 Shimano Speedmasters go off at the same time.

"Stereo" on my boat is a pair of VHF's. :wink:

I'd recommend you ditch the stereo idea, and get a Sony sports boombox. B-Faithful put me onto this.

A marine stereo will only last a couple of years anyway. They cost $250+ with speakers. A good Sony sports boombox will set you back $80-$120, and will last 2-3 years. The real benefit, is that you don't have to cut and drill holes for the speakers....and you can remove the boombox at the end of the day/season for safekeeping and protection from the elements.

Dave

What I did on my 21SE was that I mounted the stereo inside the console, hanging from the top. I had one of the small controls mounted on my dash. That was great for changing the volume, channels, cds, etc. On thing, you want the radio (or volume controls) easy to get to. Poly Planar makes a great unit, very waterproof, as so far, last very long. They also make a remote control for it which is great.

On my new 23SE, I mounted a poly planar up top in the t-top overhead electronics box, and got the remote control. The remote control even works through the dark glass window of the electronics box. I love that, as I can keep the electronics box closed when running, but still use the remote to control the steroe. (all my other electronics are in the console electronics box).

Speakers on the aft side of the console seem to work real well, and also stay protected.

I am in the process of getting a stereo in my 21se as well. What about mounting them in the bow area where the anchor locker is? They would be facing the console, so the sound should be good. Has anybody done this yet?

Latest posts

Back