changed props

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

T-Bro

Reaction score
I have detailed the lackluster perrformance I had on my 1801 with the Yamaha 115 4 Stroke and the 13X19 Black steel propeller.

Could never get the boat above 5300 RPM and 35-37 MPH, despite experimenting with the M-120 tabs and having both batteries in the console.

Got tired of not seeing the type of performance spelled out in the performance bulletins and bought a replacement on E-Bay. NIB old stock 13.5 X 17 Black steel for under $200 shipped.

Put it on earlier this month and saw an immediate improvement in performance. Seemed to provide much more mid-range acceleration and better top end as well. As expected, I picked up a few hundred RPMS and a few MPH as well. Still have not had a chance to run it on glass, but in a slight chop, I was able to get it to 5800-5900 and the speed hit 38 MPH and flirted with 40 briefly. Not sure what this will do to my fuel efficiencey, but it seemed to improve the turtle like movement to planing that I got with the old prop.

T-Bro

Back