cheap spark plugs

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rplas48

Reaction score
Was headed to my local marine shop to pick up plugs for the F150 which takes NGK 6376 LFR5A-11. Decided to stop at an AID auto store along the way. They do not stock that plug locally but their main warehouse does. Had to buy a box of 10 which was delivered to the local store the next day at no charge. Bottom line the box of 10 cost $8.99....less than a buck napiece. I think I spent $7.50 a plug last year.
Checked with NGK and there is no difference in auto or marine for that plug. As long as the numbers match it's the same plug whether it was sold in an auto or marine store. Think I'll go back for another box as the "shelf life" is indefinite.
Ray

Agreed. Buy the SAME product at a marine store and pay 3X OR MORE of the price! :shock:

True story ... does anyone else here remember the High Standard company that made accurate 22LR target pistols like the Supermatic, Olympic, and Victor? Well, they went out of business ... or so I and everyone else thought. One day, whilst working as a machinist @ GE, I saw a vendor with a "High Standard" shirt on where the logo looked exactly like the that from the old firearm's company.

So I asked, "Hey, did you guys once make 22LR target pistols?" He replied in the affirmative and said that using the SAME plant, tooling, and personnel, they switched to making aerospace parts and had 3X the sales volume and charged 3-5X MORE per item/piece ... for the same level or effort of output. What a crazy world! Price IS what the market will bear ...

Back