Chesapeake fishing?

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Not sure about everyone else, but it is the worst I've ever seen up here.
No bait = no fish. :(

Omega protein has single-handedly destroyed this fishery.

Maybe thats why its so good up here in Jersey - All the fish just came straight up.

Seriously though, you are dead on about the bait. I've seen the entire inshore giant tuna fishery here in NJ completely die as a result of the loss of the bait fish. Ever hear of a whiting ??? They used to be so plentiful we would pick them up off the beaches. Now, they are basically extinct. OH, yeah and guess what - the big fish no longer come around.

Whats going on with the bunker down your way is sickening.

The lower Chesapeake is all I know... and things are good.

The black drum were slow to start but there are plenty right now.

Big red drum are plentiful for catch and release.

I haven't a clue about flounder.... never target them.

A few cobia are being caught just in time for the wind to blow for the next 3 days.

We all agree Omega sucks and have bought all the right people to prevent strict regulations.

Long Island Sound is full of Bunker and Bass.

I wish I had more time to get out there. Hopefully they are still around when the school year is over.

Hey Bryan, yeah they will be a hanging....... and the bass r gonna be big this year... so far in the last two weeks i've fished 5 days of bassin and allready have see over 80 fish , they have been geting bigger started in the 8-12# class and as of yesterday they r in the 18-25# class with a few in the high 20's.....and that early for MTK....

see youm out there ...
Bret

Slow in the annapolis area but resident fish are around. We got hit with tide change on Monday outside of Annapolis but ended up with 4 fish to 28" (smallest went about 19") in the 3 hours or so we had lines in the water. There are bigger fish around but you have to find them in tight pods on drop offs and in the mouths of rivers. Chumming has been productive with the right tide and location too.

Here is a photo of our trip from monday with the Baltimore Orioles DH, Luke Scott.

luke-scott-fishing.jpg

Yup, best time of year for fishing in New England. Launched the boat Friday. Saturday took the boys out to fish. Loaded the live well with about 30 mackerel in about 15 minutes of jigging. Then live lined the macs just outside the harbor. Got a half dozen stripers in a little over an hour of fishing. Smallest was 26" and went up to 32". Kept a 29" for the table that night.

Sunday was a blowout with lots of wind, but still got a few macs and landed a few stripers. No keepers, though.

Monday I went out by myself with the flyrod. Found a few surface feeds and pulled in about 20 schoolies up to 25" or so. Tons of fun!

We are loaded with juvie herring. Loads of baitfish!

Went out with my grandkids this past Sat and Sun, and we did well catching perch and croaker.
On Sun I also had my daughter and SIL with us and we again fished Hacketts Bar.

Imagine our surprise when we witnessed this Black Drum being caught (on a perch rig) about 20 yards from us!

Jalopy-01.jpg

The happy angler checked it in at Anglers Sports Center and it was 48" in length and weighed 68 pounds! :shock:

Back