Classic Sou'wester

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Sweet!

Notice the Sou'Wester banner over the Parker logo?

DaleH":1m1rb4ti said:
Sweet!

Notice the Sou'Wester banner over the Parker logo?

Yep, I thought you would notice the teak rails and cabin door first. :D

Local dealer was Jones Brothers. Yes the same Jones Brothers that makes the super boats now.

Wow, That looks like my boat.....mines an OB instead of the I/O. Is that the correct logo for an 89?

Attachments

• 3-11-07 Splashed.jpg
    3-11-07 Splashed.jpg
    130.2 KB · Views: 1,367
"goinsfishin", I'm thinking that's about a circa 1987 or '88 ('89 is possible) brochure. Parkers were called Sou'westers at first, this was a transitional logo, now of course, Parkers.

No inside pics. I have the spec page coming up later. The brochure is only 8 pages including front and back covers.

Fish:

Is there any way you could get a close up of "SOU'WESTER". I am trying to figure out the font and size/exact positioning of the letters.

Thanks.

jim

Does this work?

First you giggle at the irreverant anti-Yamaha remark that communist B-Faithful made, and NOW you want a favor? :shock: :? :lol: :lol: :lol:

Communist???? You are the one who supports Parker forcing a particular brand motor and trim tabs on you :wink: I am Pro-choice--- (only when it comes to marine power :wink: )

This is the real Sou`wester logo.
I just happen to have two pair of these items in my 'stash'. :)

Image-BA08417EC5A111D9.jpg

The logo became this later...

Image-AAD1467AC73311DA.jpg

That's cool. I would love to take the Parker logo off and replace it with the original Sou'wester decal. Of course the PH still has the Parker name on either side. I think that would be kind of nostalgic and unique. Definitely would generate a lot of questions especially since I have the orginal 2/3 open back PH. Final pics still to come. Maybe this weekend.

jim

grouperjim":2vfo22bb said:
That's cool. I would love to take the Parker logo off and replace it with the original Sou'wester decal. Of course the PH still has the Parker name on either side. I think that would be kind of nostalgic and unique. Definitely would generate a lot of questions especially since I have the orginal 2/3 open back PH. Final pics still to come. Maybe this weekend.

Funny you should mention that...

I got myself a double set of Sou`wester logos some time back to do exactly that... but decided to replace my scarred up Parker logos with a fresh set of new ones. Then I added a little something extra. :)

Image-B8C1CDD8290511DC.jpg

Someday she might just become a Sou`wester... you just never know. :wink:

I was lucky enough to get a set of those sou'wester stickers that Kevin is referring to. Looks pretty cool:

Attachments

• IMG_0392 (Custom).JPG
    IMG_0392 (Custom).JPG
    52.4 KB · Views: 1,257
jpg1969":36rkywyc said:
I was lucky enough to get a set of those sou'wester stickers that Kevin is referring to. Looks pretty cool:

Looks very cool! :)

Back