Clean The Rocket Launchers

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

chuck fluke

Reaction score
Hi can anyone tell me what is the best cleaner to use on the gold rocket launchers. They got bad looking form the outside elements.

Alumaguard is what I used. Also, woody wax is good for aluminum. You can try cleaning / polishing with Flitz polish and their rotary tool. All three of these I've used before with good results.

The gold on my 2003 launchers got really bad, and I found nothing to bring it back plus I really did not dig the gold at all. I used HD Easy Off Oven Cleaner to take the gold anodizing off. It works quick and also takes skin off real quick too!! so if you decide to do this wear rubber gloves. After the gold was off I polished them up with alluminum polish. Mike

Attachments

• launchers.JPG
    launchers.JPG
    66.1 KB · Views: 388
  • 4-24-16.JPG
    4-24-16.JPG
    97.2 KB · Views: 17
  • launches 2.JPG
    launches 2.JPG
    59.9 KB · Views: 387
Take lots of rags and a plastic trash bag to dispose of them in. The HD Easy Off Oven cleaner does not drip too bad, the foam is pretty thick and after you leave it set for 15-20 minutes the anodizing comes of when you wipe it down with rags, you may need to hit a couple of spots twice. There are some U tube videos on removing anodizing from aluminum you may want to watch in advance. I had all the fiberglass surfaces covered with a drop clothes but its not too messy of a job. But like I mentioned I had a glob of the foam land on my arm and before I could get down the pier to the house to wash it off it burnt a nice hole in my arm so try and keep a hose or fresh water near by just incase and safety glasses are not a bad idea either, good luck Mike

Hi Capt Mike I did the Easy Off on the Rocket Launchers it came out great. Thanks for that tip.
Chuck

Back