Cleaning a Parker Non-Skid Floor

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Croixboy

Reaction score
Let me first say that I like a clean boat. I love to getting blood & fish slime all over the boat, but when I'm done ... I like it clean.

My previous boat, a Grady, had a Diamond Non Skid Gel Coat Floor. After using a little woody wax, dirt stains, bird poop and rust came off with no trouble at all.

After 2 days of fishing the CBBT (Caught 120+ stripers by the way) i stopped at the Kipto Inn and gave the boat a quick cleaning before the 5 hour trip home.

Today, I'm cleaning the boat getting ready for her winter nap, and need to spend at least 1 hour removing stains off the floor from this past weekend. Using soap, barkeepers freind, scour pads and elbow grease I got the floor clean, but 1 hour on an 18' floor? My 1801 has non-skid that feels like sandpaper. Cleaning stains from it is a Royal PITA! Prior to the trip to CBBT I had a good coat of Woody wax on the floor in hopes of making cleanup easy, but it was little help.

What do you guys use to keep the floor from staining?

Barkeepers Friend and a stiff brush. Have never had to work more than about 10 minutes on the big dance floor of the 25'. Are you sure you were scrubbing or drinking and BSing with the buds? :D :D :D

BTW, how did you pick up the handle CroixBoy?

Dave

aka

Porkchunker":43fbzybd said:
or drinking and BSing with the buds?

I wish I was drinking. I'll give the stiff brush a try next time. Regarding the handle ... A friend dubbed me the name while purchasing my 4th St. Croix at a fishing show.

After you put the cleaner on the deck. sit down & have a beer, let the deturgent loosen the dirt , scrub, wash down.
I use "Simple Green", works well.

Guess you can't have it all...

Grady and clean floor or Parker and fish in the box. :lol:

Parker site says something about a scouring powder like Comet. I add a lttle bleach to it, work it into a paste on the deck let it sit for a while and hose it off. Had a lot of Humbolt squid last season and had ink everywhere. That method took it right off.

Dont mix bleach with Bar Keepers friend by the way, creates chlorine gas and could be deadly.

Don R":3hdq3svo said:
After you put the cleaner on the deck. sit down & have a beer, let the deturgent loosen the dirt , scrub, wash down.
I use "Simple Green", works well.

Agree, let whatever you use work for a while, then go at it.

Also agree about bleach, best just not to mix it with anything particularly acids and ammonia containing compounds.

Also I'd be careful with abrasives, they could have a sand paper like effect.

I have used Clorox Cleaner with Bleach to clean my non-skid surface. Takes blood and black marks up. Even works better in the sun :D

I used Starbright Deck Scrub, worked great in getting a bunch of stains out and got the deck looking new. Also, it leaves a protective layer that makes future clean ups easier.

I have found that Soft Scrub with bleach works really well on my 1801. Squirt it on the deck, scrub it once over quick and let it sit for 5-10 minutes. Scrub it again and rinse. I spend more time getting all the dirt that builds up between the windshield and the raised electronics box on the console.

Don R":dxp1kslc said:

I agree with Don.

To clean my deck, I use a mix of Orpine boat soap, some orange Zep, and plain old liquid bleach. The more stained it is, the more bleach I use.
Wet the deck and scrub it with plenty of the cleaning solution using a medium bristle brush.

Let it sit and have a beer...

Scrub any difficult areas a second time then rinse lightly.
If I still have any stains left, I spray straight liquid bleach on the wet deck and leave it.
The combination of the bleach and sunlight should take care of most any stain.
If it doesn't, try a little Clorox SoftScrub.
Scrub, let sit, rinse.

Good luck!

Megabyte":3tfoofse said:
Don R":3tfoofse said:

I agree with Don.

To clean my deck, I use a mix of Orpine boat soap, some orange Zep, and plain old liquid bleach. The more stained it is, the more bleach I use.
Wet the deck and scrub it with plenty of the cleaning solution using a medium bristle brush.

If I still have any stains left, I spray straight liquid bleach on the wet deck and leave it.
Scrub, let sit, rinse.

Good luck!

I would listen to Mega. Have you ever seen a picture of his bilge?? :shock:

Megabyte":in55qr4a said:
Don R":in55qr4a said:

I agree with Don.

Scrub, let sit, rinse.

Good luck!

ScoopsAhoy":2qervidr said:

Heeheehee...

Actually, it got that way because when I was done scrubbing the boat, I'd take what was left in my wash bucket and just toss it into the bilge.

The Orpine, Zep, and bleach solution would sit down there being gently agitated by wind and waves until the next time I took the boat out.
Once up on plane, the cleaning solution would slosh back to the transom where the bilge pump would empty it.

Do that for a season or two and your bilge will be clean too. :D

Back