Cleaning non-skid deck

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CGeminski

Reaction score
My 1801 sits on a trailer and the last storm put a ton of leaves, etc in the boat. Once it all dried out, there were a lot of "stains" in the non-skid. I tried scrubbing with "non-skid" cleaner from West Marine, no luck.... I am buying a cover soon, but in the meantime, how do I get these stains out of my deck? I was thinking of mixing some bleach with water & soap? Anyone else have this problem? What did you do?

Bar Keepers friend. You can buy it at any grocery store next to the cleanser.
It has the consistency of cleanser, wet the deck, sprinkle some on and scrub it around. Let it sit for 5-10 minutes then hose off. Hose it off good, everything it may have come in contact with.
I have also had success with softscrub with bleach.

When I have deck stains, I mix up some Orpine boat soap, Orange Zep citrus cleaner, and about a quart of cheap bleach.
Scrub everything down, let it sit for one beer, then lightly rinse.
Any bleach left on the deck will work with the sun, and your stains will be gone in 24 hours or less.

:D I use SOFT SCRUB with Bleach cleanser and the way I use it is to scrub some in on the deck and then wash the outside of the boat and then go back to the deck and scrub it again and then wash it off. It was recommended by a good friend and it sure works for my 1800cc. So give it a try and it is not to expensive to use. :roll:

Back