Cleaning non skid

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Bar keeper friend if very soiled. Other times. 4 gal water, soap and cup of bleach in 5 gal bucket and use a soft deck brush
Keep deck wet while cleaning the rest of the boat with different bucket of boat soap and wax solution then rinse all

The cockpit will lighten in a day or two

Brent":1o15rwhv said:
Bar keeper friend if very soiled. Other times. 4 gal water, soap and cup of bleach in 5 gal bucket and use a soft deck brush
Keep deck wet while cleaning the rest of the boat with different bucket of boat soap and wax solution then rinse all

The cockpit will lighten in a day or two

This ^^^^^^^^

Bleach is the key. Bleach in your soap and wash water.
Scrub it down, let it sit... rinse lightly. The sun will do the rest.

If heavily soiled, several applications might be needed.
Or... after clean and rinse, toss the remaining bleach and soap solution on the deck and leave it.

The sun will do the rest.

Home Depot sells a gallon on mold and wilder cleaner, I am sure it's bleach based.
Splash a little scrub it in and the deck is bright as new.

I really like BarKeepersFriend but for the really bad stiff I use Soft Scrub w/ Bleach.
Use it only on the non-skid though.

I have had good success with Oxyclean. I just keep a tub on the boat and throw a few scoops on the wet nonskid, scrub it in, and let it soak for about 15 minutes. Not really any different than the above proposed methods but just passing it along. I prefer it over Barkeepers only because it's less abrasive.

Also, for the spring cleanup I use Davis FSR gel fiberglass stain remover on the entire boat. I use a small paint roller to apply it on all surfaces...I have found a little goes a long way when using this method to apply it.

Agree with above- a bit of bleach is the ticket. Avoid constant scrubbing with abrasives as I over did it essentially scraping off the top of each pebbled surface leaving littlle black pepper spots. Also after you're all clean apply a nonslip spray wax- easy, smells great, and lasts for weeks allowing for simple spray downs.

I give my deck a light scrub with any soap - I use Joy 'cause it lathers in salt water. This gets the greasy stuff off the surface.
Follow up with any straight bleach (dollar store) - in a spray bottle for small spots and a paint tray/roller for large areas. Let it sit for a while, then hose it off.
Stubborn areas get scrubbed w/ Bar Keepers Friend.

I agree with Joy and saltwater...been using it for years. We use it in the Bahamas or Keys where fresh water is at a premium. However, be careful. It will remove the wax, leaving your gelcoat unprotected. Best if you just use it on non-skid.

Back