Cleaning Suggestions HELP

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

brett5239

Reaction score
Hey guys I just bought a 2015 2320 and love the boat but unfortunately it sat on the trailer uncovered by a tree since March while the last owner was deployed. After some serious scrubbing and power washing today it looks like a new boat again except for a few areas of mold/mildew I can’t seem to get rid of that are under the gunwhales and under the hardtop. Any suggestions on getting these stains off?
0f41a1b50d342f9c783413da7010b636.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hot soapy water with one cup of bleach per gallon. Apply and keep wet for 20 min or longer
Try to let the sun dry it. Repeat as needed
It might take several attempts.

Try a small spot with Woody's Wax as a test.

Most likely it is mildew and dead but stain is tough to remove and drying the sun helps.

M2cw

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Thanks for the quick response, I’m OCD when it comes to a clean boat and this is the last thing I haven’t been able to get off just yet and was going to try bleach but wanted to get some thoughts.

I had a similar problem and found that soft scrub is the easiest and best cleaner for mold and mildew. Because it has bleach in it it’s very similar to Brent’s recipe. I just get the area wet, lightly scrub in the soft scrub and let it sit for 10-15 minutes. I then scrub it hard and you’ll be amazed as it all comes clean. When done take some soap and wash off the soft scrub because you don’t want the bleach to stay on because it will dry and dull your gel coat. It’s actually easy and I just use a brush on the end of a pole and never have to get down and dirty. Best of luck and congrats on your new boat.

oxyclean bleach mixture. put on with washmitt or garden sprayer, let it sit. should go away in 30 min or less

Chlorox all purpose cleaner and bleach. Spray on, let it sit for a minute or two, wipe off.

Get some JoMax at Home Depot. Follow the directions, mixing it with bleach. It is a product used to remove mold, mildew and stains from siding of houses. I use it in my bilge and people can't believe how great it works.

I used to keep one of those Home Depot spray bottles filled with 50% bleach and water.
Spray it under the washboards and walk away.
As other have said, the sun will do the rest.

I used soft scrub yesterday, let it sit for 10 minutes or so, then scrubbed and washed away and she looks new again! Thanks guys.

What is the best way to clean hard to reach bilge areas with those stains? 50/50 water/bleach, vent the bilge and let it sit? Thanks

johnkn":18rw9i9b said:
What is the best way to clean hard to reach bilge areas with those stains? 50/50 water/bleach, vent the bilge and let it sit? Thanks

I used to use a combination of Zep citrus cleaner and bleach in water to scrub down my boat.
When I was done, I'd toss the remaining solution into the bilge and allow it to sit until the next time I went out (wet slipped).
Once underway, the bilge pump would pump out the water. After doing this a few times, my bilge was as fresh and clean as the rest of the boat.

brett5239":2l6ja7be said:
Hey guys I just bought a 2015 2320 and love the boat but unfortunately it sat on the trailer uncovered by a tree since March while the last owner was deployed. After some serious scrubbing and power washing today it looks like a new boat again except for a few areas of mold/mildew I can’t seem to get rid of that are under the gunwhales and under the hardtop. Any suggestions on getting these stains off?
0f41a1b50d342f9c783413da7010b636.jpg

Pressure washer will take it off

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Back