cobra plate

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

squamer

Reaction score
I have a 2006 2120 with a f200. I have to go up a river 2 miles at no wake speed to get to my slip. I have to continually adjust my course as the boat is all over the place. I've tried tabs in all positions and trim too. This happens regardless of tides which can be strong. I have the stock prop and get 5900 rpm's at top end,about 43 mph. Is this common for 2120's? Would a cobra plate help this?

Try letting go of the wheel and see what she does. My boat will wander back and forth but maintain a relatively straight course overall. Correcting can aggravate the wander unless the corrections are very subtle.

My 2120 seems to run straighter at low speed with the tabs up and with the motor up 3/4 of the bars on my gauge. I run 1100 - 1200 RPM for a reasonable wake in calm marina water.

The is no such thing as "no wake" if we are moving ahead. Even a duck leaves a wake. I wish the signs said 6 inch maximum wake or something doable.

I'm not sure, but seems to me the torque offset tab above the prop would not do much at slow speed - see photo.

I've had the Cobra and the stainless plates and recall no change in the slow no wake mode. I have no plate on now. And the advice above about letting it wander some is also worth a shot as some of us tend to over steer..............Pete

Attachments

• 100_0530 (Small).JPG
    100_0530 (Small).JPG
    37.4 KB · Views: 111
Oversteering does make it worse. I have to make small corrections, constantly.Thanks for all your replies. I guess I will have to live with it.

Latest posts

Back