Cockpit Tool Holder

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ppem45

Reaction score
I am looking for ideas on a toolholder for the cockpit. I need something that will hold needlenose pliers, knives, scale, hook remover and assorted goodies. I know here on CP we all love to show off our projects so here is your chance. Dale has given me one great idea and that is to utilize the inside of my cabin door, an area which I would not have thought of. It needs to be handy but at the same time I don't want it to be something that is always in the way or things falling out of it. I have already taken care of the sinkers and brush heads under the gunnels so it is for all the rest of the stuff.

Attachments

• 008.JPG
    008.JPG
    79.8 KB · Views: 572
I LOVE that idea of the storage rack underneath the gunwhales (love that 'nautical term' too!). Here's what I had posted from that other thread that prompted this one on storage.

I made up a piece out of starboard and attached it to the inside of my helm cabin, works to hold tools inside (protect from theft). This is the main tool storage, where tools will be picked from here and then used in the cockpit.

tool_storage_small_140.gif

I also have a teak one (of course) mounted on the 'inside' of the cabin door, so when the door is open (as it is for 99.9% of my fishing) ... then the tools at ready are now on the 'outside'.

ditch_bag_s_183.jpg

Maybe you could mount one of these on the forward-facing vertical surface of the livewell? Just watch the bolts - haha!

tackle_locker_small_854.jpg

Back