Color match

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

blutgendorf

Reaction score
I’ve got a 2004 2320 old Parker white color, looking to repaint my outboard bracket. I’ve read through the posts looking for the answer and noticed 2 colors were highly suggested if using awlgrip. Eggshell white or oyster white. Can anyone chime in that has had the best luck with color match? Also, can you point me down the path with what awlgrip products would be needed to prime first then paint. I really appreciate your help on this.

Hi Blutgendorf, I think I've got a similar problem on the bracket for my 2510. The previous owner used downriggers straight off the stern ... and by the looks of it the downrigger weights were banging in to the bracket and chipped off a lot of the paint leaving exposed aluminum. Once you find the right color are you planning to brush it on? Spray?

Hi Blutgendorf, I think I've got a similar problem on the bracket for my 2510. The previous owner used downriggers straight off the stern ... and by the looks of it the downrigger weights were banging in to the bracket and chipped off a lot of the paint leaving exposed aluminum. Once you find the right color are you planning to brush it on? Spray?
I’m planning on rolling then tipping it with a brush. Not sure if I’m going to end up refinishing the nonskid on the platform or just making a template and finishing it with seadek in place of the original non skid layout. Going to make a few phone calls to see if I can find a match, once I’ve got an idea of color I’ll post the info.

The problem w using awlgrip, or one of them, is you have to buy so much material. The paint,reducer, cleaner solvent, catalyst, blah blah blah...
For such a small job you’re going to drop a few hundred dollars on materials and then have a ton left over to store.
Awlgrip is super toxic so you need a respirator, tyvac suite, etc.:.
This is an instance where paying a good marine coatings expert $300 to prep and paint your bracket seems like a no brainer to me.

Last edited:
Back