Constantly amazing

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

striperon

Reaction score
I have only owned my 1800 for a year. I am learning just what a good decision I made, and she constantly amazes me.

Today I was in "Toms river", (forum leader TomS). At the mouth of the river there were rollers taller than I (6'1") with lots of wind threatening to blow the tops off. It was a southeasterly wind and a falling tide in direct opposite to the wind.

I never felt uncomfortable. She just rode the water smoothly. The ride back, after the Coast Guard stopped by to warn us of storms on the way, was smoother than I had any right to expect. My buddy was surprised by how smooth the ride was, especially when compared to another buddy's boat, which identity is nameless but starts with the 13th letter. He needs a kidney belt, he says, to ride in rough weather on it.

Fishing was tough, but the boating experience reinforced what a good decision it was to buy a Parker. I'm still smiling.

striperon":289mhbr2 said:
Fishing was tough, but the boating experience reinforced what a good decision it was to buy a Parker. I'm still smiling.

And that... is what it is all about. 8)

Ron,

Remember, its the boat's job to get you out of bad situations.. its your job to avoid the bad situations!

Mother nature will win one every once in a while, even against a Parker :)

-- Tom

Attachments

• parker.jpg
    parker.jpg
    29.1 KB · Views: 815
Back