cooler for an 1801

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

seoneill

Reaction score
hey guys. Getting my barely used parker 1801 delivered on March 22 (its in the shop getting rigged). It has the open bow up front. I want to get a Igloo marine cooler to leave on the boat. I want to put said cooler up in the bow. My local boating store is running a sale on the Igloo 94 Marine cooler. I was wondering, not having the boat in front of me, if that cooler will fit up in the bow, or is it too wide (35 inches) and should I go with the 72 quart. The 94 makes more sense as a fish box (mainly fluke, cod, seabass, smaller striped bass i don't eat the bigger ones!) but I would like it to fit semi-snug up front, and double as a seat for the summer beach days with family and friends. The sale ends on the 17th so I won't have a chance of checking it... Thoughts?

had one of those, 1801 loved it, i believe i kept my big cooler between wells on stern in front of motor. if that is any help. you can;t have to many coolers ( rods, reels, lures etc. ) tinman bel air md. 23 WA

I have a 120 that fits nicely between the jump seats and I have had it up front as well w/ no problems. My neighbor gave it to me as a gift since I have never accepted any gas money that he offered after fishing trips. You should be fine w/ a 94 qt.

Get a soft sided (kill bag) for the bow and I use two 5 day coleman coolers for the stern and then add ice to the kill bag as needed. I keep ice in one cooler and food in the other and this really works will for me.

On my 1801 I have this set up. I believe my igloo is the 54 and I have the deck chocks and tie downs. The snap on cushion is almost the same color as the Carolina canvas rear jumpseats. I do not think at 74 fit up there and h 54 is real snug. Big enuf for my 6 and 8 year olds...it's their favorite place to sit.

Latest posts

Back