Covers off!!!

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

miky2884

Reaction score
Peeled the cover off last night, now its time to go to work! I got a lot of the normal buffing and waxing to do, I m gonna add a GPS antenna this year to better my accuracy on my 740, few other miscellaneous projects, touch up the bottom and in she goes.

Attachments

• parker56.JPG
    parker56.JPG
    51.3 KB · Views: 410
Cant wait until it warms up enough here so I can start with the buffer.
High 40's and wind for today and tomorrow. :(

Ditto! I just have to get the bottom soda blasted and repainted as the last owner may not have sanded before painting some areas causing the paint to come away. So a little soda blasting and repainting is in order. Just a couple weeks and we should be in full swing. I'm so looking forward to it this year.

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    96.1 KB · Views: 396
Kev we got about the same forecast up here. I just couldn't stand to look at it when I got home anymore so off it came. I either persuaded spring to come or antagonized winter to stick around we will find out.

miky2884":3virt2q2 said:
I either persuaded spring to come or antagonized winter to stick around we will find out.

. . .. . .please let it be the first. . .Spring!! I'm getting tired of crawling under the tarp to work on her, but I know if I took it off last weekend. . . . . .. ......it would have snowed.

. . .. ..Miky I forgot to ask you .. . .when you found that thru hull that was bad on your boat how was the condition of the hose? When I checked my fittings I found that a good majority of the hoses were bad.. . .hard and cracked when I bent/moved them. Going to replace all of them. . .also found that the wires to both bilge pumps were no good. . .. . .they were bent up to tight and tie wrapped. . . .way over the bend radius for the wire.. . ..created too much heat and the insulation is all broken. Already bought the new ones to put in. . . . ..it's just a battle of finding time now.

My hoses were fine, although I am going to replace the one going to the fitting that sits underwater just to be safe. I will feel a lot better this year with out these plastic through hull's

. . . .. . .funny thing is all the fiitings (plastic) were fine. . . . .I'm thinking previous owner may have replaced them at one point. ...

Just keep an eye on them. Mine were all really bad, if you do have to replace down the road go stainless, the plastic deteriorate from the sun beating on them.

Glad you guys are excited about getting back on the water soon.

.........today it was 55 out. I had to change out from shorts to a pair jeans (shiver). :mrgreen:

grouperjim":3r8qh42n said:
Glad you guys are excited about getting back on the water soon.

.........today it was 55 out. I had to change out from shorts to a pair jeans (shiver). :mrgreen:

This is why I love this board!! :p :p :p
What a jerk!!! :D :D :D

grouperjim":26lo1msn said:
........today it was 55 out. I had to change out from shorts to a pair jeans (shiver). :mrgreen:

. . . . . .I did the exact opposite. . . .. it hit 50 here yesterday and I changed INTO shorts. . . .it's like a heat wave going on!!

" Pop's Parker" got splashed yesterday. Took her for a ride out to Great Bay and watched the water temp go down to 38 and the air temp was right there with it. Brrrr.... but she is in the water!!!!!

Back