cracks at the motor mounts

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Cheapie408

Reaction score
I see little stress crack near the motor mounts, I'm guessing this is quite common due to the amount of pressure is put in that area?

I'm going to grind and fill it in with new gelcoat when the sun is out just checking to see if I have other things to be concerned about.
20210314_170427.jpg

Might want to inspect your brass tubes while you are at it. They do fail over time from corrosion and could leak into the core. Here are mine after 18 years...

Attachments

• IMG_1798.jpeg
    IMG_1798.jpeg
    48.4 KB · Views: 15
Last edited:
I have a 2008 2120 with F225 on the back with a very similar gelcoat crack. As far as I've been able to tell, the transom is solid and no structural issues going on. I scraped the gelcoat along the crack to widen it and filled it with epoxy. Plan is to cover it over with a fresh layer of gelcoat one of these days. Thinking maybe sometime this summer I'll get a can of Parker exterior gelcoat and give all the little scuffs and scratches a once over.

I got gelcoat to touch up around the boat, will let you know how much I screwed up once done. Lol

Back