Cracks on nonskid deck

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Call617

Reaction score
Are these cracks on the nonskid a problem? 2019 1801

Attachments

• FA97BDD8-E5FF-4D42-B2F9-6B846EE02574.jpeg
    FA97BDD8-E5FF-4D42-B2F9-6B846EE02574.jpeg
    2.4 MB · Views: 70
  • 74B15380-BA63-4838-BC13-1F567417A334.jpeg
    74B15380-BA63-4838-BC13-1F567417A334.jpeg
    2 MB · Views: 69
I don't see anything in the first pic. I had 3 spots similar to the second my deck. it flaked off. It was just the no skid. I brought it back to the dealer and they covered it under warrantee.

I don't see anything in the first pic. I had 3 spots similar to the second my deck. it flaked off. It was just the no skid. I brought it back to the dealer and they covered it under warrantee.
Did they redo the whole deck or just the damaged areas?

If you look close there is a small crack with rust color around it.

It's caused from people jumping off the dock into the cockpit....or dropping heavy objects.

Attachments

• 20150530_092320.jpg
    20150530_092320.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 57
  • 20150530_092329.jpg
    20150530_092329.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 53
  • 20150530_105438.jpg
    20150530_105438.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 51
  • 20150530_113617.jpg
    20150530_113617.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 48
It can...Brown stains don't come from fiberglass......They come from wood. Water is seeping in.
When I did mine.....I saw about 5 spots.....As I worked on it.....I found a lot more.
Spots were ground down...small patches of 1 1/2oz mat were laminated.

It can...Brown stains don't come from fiberglass......They come from wood. Water is seeping in.
When I did mine.....I saw about 5 spots.....As I worked on it.....I found a lot more.
Spots were ground down...small patches
of 1 1/2oz mat were laminated.

Will Parker cover under warranty on 2019? Do you have to do whole deck with new gelcoat?

Those are called "nail pops". That is where a nail was shot into a stringer/support underneath the deck. The head of the nail didn't go in far enough. Personally, I would grind out the nail head and the blemish then repair with some factory gelcoat if you can find it........or be happy with a dealer repair.

They should. Call and ask. It is a pretty basic repair......see if they will let you watch so you can tackle future repairs.

They fixed mine under warrantee. Nothing heavier than a fishing weight hit my deck. Also no one jumped off the dock into my boat. Mine looked as though there were bubbles in the decking anti skid that grew. The dealer sanded them down and did a correct repair. The only way I notice the repairs is because the texture is a little different. It was repaired January 2020 and everything still looks good.IMG_2075.JPGIMG_2077.JPGIMG_2076.JPG.

Those are called "nail pops".

I've never seen anyone nail a decking down for that reason.....The only ones that would do it are redoing a deck and don't know what they are doing.

Decks are dryfitted.....and drywall screws used as a temp clamp. Deck is then glues down with resign/cabisol mix......and drywall screws installed for clamping....When mixture hits a Green state....Drywall screws are removed and thrown away. Holes are skimmed over...and the the laminating of the glass is started..... Leaving metal like that in a deck.....as said...It can pop....or rust and cause problems.

Don't think the ewsign/Cabisol is strong enough? It's stronger than the wood and whole boats are built that way.....Known as "Stitch & Glue.

I've never seen anyone nail a decking down for that reason.....The only ones that would do it are redoing a deck and don't know what they are doing.

Decks are dryfitted.....and drywall screws used as a temp clamp. Deck is then glues down with resign/cabisol mix......and drywall screws installed for clamping....When mixture hits a Green state....Drywall screws are removed and thrown away. Holes are skimmed over...and the the laminating of the glass is started..... Leaving metal like that in a deck.....as said...It can pop....or rust and cause problems.

Don't think the ewsign/Cabisol is strong enough? It's stronger than the wood and whole boats are built that way.....Known as "Stitch & Glue.

I had some nail pops fixed two years ago at the dealer and have one more now. Believe it or not Parker did nail down the deck-not screw it and/or then remove the screws. We have a 2005 with original deck. I was very surprised myself when I learned this, but it is what it is and just need to pay attention to it.

the dealer doesn’t seem to want to deal with it. Will this rot the deck out?

Back