Cuttail Tournament

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dave-j

Reaction score
a couple of buddies and I participated in a local, fun fishing tournament last weekend. it started 4:00 PM Friday and ended 2:00PM Saturday. We fished for stripers, but also attracted blues. The key was getting mackerel for live bait. One of our crew is an oral surgeon who makes frozen chum blocks out of ground up herring and macks. The stuff is deadly to mackerel and we soon had made several runs to fill up the pen with about 200 livies.

We got on some pretty large feeds both days with stripers consistently in the 28-36" size range, with blues mixed in. Between the two days we landed a bit over 70 legal (28+") stripers, largest being 36" and a half dozen blues. One of the blues took revenge on me and thrashed about while I was trying to get the hook out to release him. His teeth caught the top of my index finger and sliced it to the bone! Sharp little suckers!!

We didn't keep any stripers (plenty were being kept by others for the party that night), but kept a few blues for the smoker. We won for most fish easily, but biggest striper was 44". No fish pics, but a friend did take a picture of us running after feed on Friday early evening from the deck of his house with a long telephoto lens.

Great weekend!

Attachments

• IMG_3425 c (Small).JPG
    IMG_3425 c (Small).JPG
    60.5 KB · Views: 287
Nice shots dave! The boat looks great.

Live Bait has been good on the Ches bay this summer too :!:

Back