Cutting board

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

captv

Reaction score
Thanks for the advice on the flooring. I now want to know if anyone has mounted a cutting board on the transom. Are there any models I can purchase or does it have to be custom made. I was thinking about having brackets on the transom and having it slide in and out so I can store it when not in use.

Thanks

Mount a stubbed short rod holder in between the two fish boxes on the stern of the boat. I say stubbed so it doesn't hang down to far into the fish box and take up room.

Attachments

• center rod holder 2.JPG
    center rod holder 2.JPG
    63.5 KB · Views: 1,396
  • tog 2-2-11.JPG
    tog 2-2-11.JPG
    61.1 KB · Views: 1,397
Greetings:

For what it's worth, here's another approach. I picked up a $6.00 poly cutting board at WallyWorld, cutit to size on a table saw, drilled it and mounted with ss screws on top of the lid of my livewell. Even in the Florida sun UVs, the first one lasted 7 years, and it's not one more thing sticking up from the gunnels or transom.
Regards,

Dan

Attachments

• Poly Bait Board.JPG
    Poly Bait Board.JPG
    334.5 KB · Views: 557
That is a great idea and product for mounting a rod holder. I am too far gone at this point as I started from day one thinking that the rear
fish boxes lids were made of 3/4 Starboard and that is my new cutting board. Also thinking the groves were
"gravy" channels. My wife even thought cool, built in cutting boards no more extra junk on the boat. I guess I could be wrong, but I thought
what a great idea a fish boat with cutting board fish box tops.
Yes there are knife marks, and scales, and goo, and fishes in the boxes too :roll:

In my opinion I wouldn't place a cutting station on the stern. You end up hitting the motor and the swim platform, double cleaning in my eyes.

Motor does not hit the table. Its a fishing boat suppose to be blood and crap on it. Simple spray down with the the washdown hose good to go.

sorry, wasn't talking about the table hitting the motor but the blood and scales... double duty in my eyes, rather spend more time fishing than spraying the motor or swim platform.. better off having it on the side of the boat then all the blood and guts drip off the side into the water for an extra slick...

Hey guys just did mine the way miky2884 did his great idea. thanks for the info and pics Mike!

Attachments

• image (4).jpg
    image (4).jpg
    26.9 KB · Views: 1,039
  • image (3).jpeg
    image (3).jpeg
    23.5 KB · Views: 1,039
  • image (2).jpeg
    image (2).jpeg
    24.8 KB · Views: 1,039
Looks good!! You will like it there. Its out of the way and doesnt take up fishing space along the gunwales.

Its out of the way and doesnt take up fishing space along the gunwales.

I agree.

You end up hitting the motor and the swim platform, double cleaning in my eyes.

Not offshore. You'll get a wave or two rolling up on the swim platform will clean it.

If it was on the Washboard, it would be right in the way of one guy fishing and everyone else getting in his way to cut or grab bait.

The one I have I also want it to support the grill when we are on the beach.

Back