D-Tronic Diesel Parts

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Hugs Tug

Reaction score
Looking for a source for maintenance parts for a 4.2 Merc Cruiser Diesel.
Filters, impellers etc.
Any one have a supplier in mind? Had been using a dealer in New Jersey and now his prices have gone through the roof.
Example, raw water pump impeller is now $80.00. Ouch

Thanks
Tom

Tom
If you have the 4.2L which takes Mercruiser part # 47-816814T, that is a Jabsco pump #29700-1331 (also BMW Diesel). The impeller is easy to obtain on the internet - Jabsco #17018-0001 for approximatley $40.00 or less. I have purchased from several internet sites, one that comes to mind is PumpAgents.com, but you might even find a better price.
Good Luck Bill D.
P.S. - the engine zincs can be purchased alot cheaper on line then from cummins. If you need details let me know.

Thanks for the info Bill.
Can you provide me with a source for fuel, air and oil filters?
Are you running your raw water directly thru the outdrive or is it split up with a thru hull port?
The package I am dealing with is a closed loop fresh water system with the raw water coming directly from the out drive only. when running over 3000rpm the engine will approach high temp shut down. Under 3000rpm never a problem.

Any direction or advice that you can provide please do.
Thanks
Tom

Tom
I cannot provide you with a discount source for filters, you can buy directly from Cummins or several sites online. http://WWW.mercruiserparts.com or http://WWW.marinepowerservice.com. I do not have any cross reference # for any filters. I purchase the majority of parts through Cummins. My raw water intake is through my outdrive only' You mentioned over 3000RPm you are approaching a high temp shut down ? Do you have a computer scanner (Rhinda) or digital temp. gauge or are you reading the original analog gauge (what is your temp above 3000RPM). Have you ever serviced your heat exchanger and intercooler? Have you EVER removed raw water impeller and found pieces of blade missing? How many hours are on the engine? I just replaced the bronze cam in the raw water pump as it was worn approximately 50 percent with 800 hours on pump. The entire raw water circuit must be checked and serviced. Mercruiser recommends cleaning the heat exchanger every year and the intercooler every 5 years or 500hrs. Check boatdiesel.com for great information" Presently, what is the WOT rpm with a full load?
Bill

Back