Dale's Rockport Red Building in film "The Proposal&quot

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Themis

Reaction score
I went on a date with my wife last night; the first one in ages. We saw a movie, "The Proposal" with Sandra Bullock. Date Flick. But Enjoyable. For me it was enjoyable mostly because, because despite pretending to be Sitka, Alaska, I saw scenes and towns that I could have sworn I had seen before. I saw this red building with a ladder.... I knew it! It was from Dale's photos that I recognized the scene. The Rockport MA Paint Building is it? I googled some stuff this morning and found that the movie was in fact filmed in Rockport, Ma.

Anyways, Dale's pics helped me enjoy a date flick.

Motif #1 ... world reknown as the 'most painted seascape' in the artist world.

Viewed at HIGH TIDE:
motif1a_327.jpg

Uhhhhh, the other side:

Viewed at LOW TIDE:
rockport_motif1a_219.jpg

BTW, those ladder rungs are quite slippery at low tide :shock: ! Remember, we have average 9' tidal swings here, so the bottom ones are underwater twice a day, that's semi-diurnal tides ya' know ;) !

Wow, Interesting.....You got to watch your beer's with those steps!! Is that your regular slip? I would hate to carry a big cooler down to the boat or a big fish up :shock:

MaxOut":kkrlc8ci said:
Wow, Interesting.....You got to watch your beer's with those steps!! Is that your regular slip? I would hate to carry a big cooler down to the boat or a big fish up :shock:

No, just a visiting port. That is a rental tie-up spot for transient boats visiting Rockport, MA. More than a few times per season the Haba Master
'rescues' boats that tied up to the pilings just a tad too tight ... as in severely heeled over when the tide dropped and the ropes held the hull fast to the pilings where secured :shock: !

Themis":1494pzrf said:
Dale's pics helped me enjoy a date flick.

Three cheers for Dale! :D

I took the Admiral to see "Wolverine" and she actually liked it. :shock:
There is hope for "death by chick flick" yet! :wink:

Back