Deck hatches and 5200

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mojohalibut

Reaction score
What brand of deck hatches is Parker currently using? I called my local dealer and they wouldnt tell me. When I looked at a new boat there was no name on the hatch itself. The new hatches seem to be very ridged and much stronger than what was in the boat originally. Exact size is not a problem because I have just replaced the deck and have left a hole large enough for a 6" round deck plate

Next question is what color of "sealer" does Parker use? The white 5200 that I sealed the transom bracket with doesnt look right against the Parker white of the boat.

Thanks

Kenny

The transom bracket is an Armstrong and they recommended either Boatlife or 5200 for the installation. I have not mounted the motor yet so what would you recommend? My mechanic wont be getting to my boat until next week.

Thanks

Kenny

Are you sealing the Armstrong bracket to the transom, or the motor to the bracket?

FWIW... 3M 5200 and 3M 4200 have the same sealant properties, but 5200 includes an adhesive in addition to the sealant. Think of 5200 as 4200 with 'superglue' in the mix.

If you are sealing something that you believe will never be removed from the boat (like the through hulls in my boat), 5200 is a good choice.
But, if you might have to remove the item at some point, and re-assemble it, 4200 (or one of the other 3M sealant products) might be a better choice.

Take a look at the product offerings here:
http://www3.3m.com/catalog/us/en001/aut ... utput_html

Dealer not telling you isn't acceptable. Call/e-mail Robin Parker. Give her your hull number and they can tell you exactly which covers were used. Let her know the name of the Dealer that was snotty/evasive.

Dave

aka

I have already mounted the transom bracket with the 5200. In all of my years of boating I have come to trust 5200 for any application above or below the water lineI hope I'm not wrong now because getting the bracket off of the boat now would be a project to say the least.

The boat is an 82' Sou'Wester that has been completely restored but now it is Parker White as opposed to the original shade. The original hatches were not of a good quality and now their number and location has changed. I am looking for a quality hatch about 12 x 20 to access the bilge pump in front of the transom and two 8" round hatches for the access points on the fuel tank. The deck is Parker White and the basic white hatches at the boating stores just dont look right, kind of like the 5200 on the transom bracket.

Thanks for the input

Kenny

Back