Deck thickness under fuel tank

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

The Swede

Reaction score
My next project will be a 150 gal fuel tank replacement on my 1993 2330. I have the stringer layout from Parker. (attached)
Not sure anyone has done this model before, but if you have, tips would be great!

I'm wondering how thick the deck is and what to set the saw blade depth to?
Someone on Bloodydeck had posted this photo of their cut marks.

Thanks

Attachments

• 23 DVSC STD. FullTrnsm Stingers CHX00004 PRE 1997.jpg
    23 DVSC STD. FullTrnsm Stingers CHX00004 PRE 1997.jpg
    370.7 KB · Views: 2
  • Deck.jpeg
    Deck.jpeg
    1.6 MB · Views: 1
There's some good threads on here if you search tank replacement or replacing tank. https://www.classicparker.com/threads/2007-2320-tank-replacement.22275/

And a stringer layout would be really helpful but I'd get a sturdy tape measure to verify everything. On a 1993, someone may have already done some work to the boat at some point and changed things a bit. Use access from a deck plate and start sending tape out in multiple directions to get plenty of reference points. Figure out where your hoses and cables are to avoid cutting them. If you remove the deck plate fitting you'll get a good idea of the depth. Just remember you can cut something deeper a second time but not vice versa. If you reinforce below the tank like the link above then you can cut inside the stringers. Warthog5 has some tips on here somewhere about cutting at an angle so you have more overlap when you go to put the deck piece back on (presumably without having to build all the deck reinforcement) but that's your choice if you want to do that.

Also check hulltruth.com for tank replacement tips and forum threads.

It’s thick, that’s the deal. It’s gel coat, glass, plywood and then glass. I’d say just over an inch. You MUST verify depth / thickness by drilling a test hole and measuring it then. Set your blade to be just deeper than the measured thickness by 1/8”. Slow and steady wins.

Back