Does a Steigercraft Chesapeake have a bigger cockpit...

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ryan C

Reaction score
Does a Steigercraft Chesapeake have a bigger cockpit that a Parker 2520? (both with IO's)

Having a difficult time finding cockfit square footage for either one, but by looking at picture it appears the Steiger has a roomier cockpit.

TIA
Ryan C

I have no answer for you but the best thing to do is go on those boats specifically. I know most Parkers are similar but I have looked at several Steigers and even based on the webiste they have several different models of a 25 some that are true 25s some that are big some with twins. Good luck either ones a good boat.

I wouldnt think so. The Steiger 25 Chesapeake is a small 25'er at 24'8" vs the 25 Parkers 25'4". The parker also has a little more beam too.

B-Faithful":3lxir8br said:
I wouldnt think so. The Steiger 25 Chesapeake is a small 25'er at 24'8" vs the 25 Parkers 25'4". The parker also has a little more beam too.

very interesting, I did not know that.

Maybe its the pilot house size that is bigger on the 2520 that make the cockpit smaller.

Thanks

I had a 1989 Steiger Craft Cabin and now own a 1999 2520.

There is NO Comparison. the Parker is far superior in ride, cockpit space, cabin space and storage.

Maybe Steiger has made changes since 1989 but in my opinion Parker has them beat in every way.

My 2520 rides hard into a head sea but nothing like the Stieger, on that boat I spent the whole time riding into a head sea wishing it would sink or trying to figure out how to get to land as fast as possible. It was mind jarring.

Capt Brian

Striperswiper":2m25je9e said:
My 2520 rides hard into a head sea but nothing like the Stieger, on that boat I spent the whole time riding into a head sea wishing it would sink or trying to figure out how to get to land as fast as possible. It was mind jarring.

Capt Brian

That was very heartfelt, and a true selling point! lol

:shock:

:lol:

Man...That's funny......I've been in some rough seas in my day, but I don't think I've ever wished to sink!!

BTW; Those little handles on the right are throttles............

Back