Dog Ramp Ideas

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Skorcher

Reaction score
Looking to get my labs back on the boat from the water and have seen some ramps that hook on to a traditional flip up ladder. Anybody use anything to get dogs on the boat onto the bracket platform?

Ideas / pics appreciated...

Do a search, has been posted here before.

FYI, my twin bro's boat has high gunnels w/ a big lab and he bought that yellow floating specially made dog ramp ... not cheap or easy to store (his boat is only 20') but it works!

Skorcher, not sure if you found what you wanted. Internet and marine stores sell various.

Here is a pic from last weekend, 50 lb dog with his life jacket on and shows the handle well. My wife pulled him onto the swim platform by herself while I was still in the water.

Attachments

• P1100540 (Medium).JPG
    P1100540 (Medium).JPG
    146.2 KB · Views: 411
Hi Skorcher. I bought mail order from Jamestown Distributors in RI this spring. Paws 1500. Has velcro fastening and some buckles, and a mesh underside for drainage. Our dog is right around 50 lb. Brand is Paws Aboard Doggie Life Jacket.

Here it is on their website, http://www.jamestowndistributors.com/us ... ife+Jacket

Was not as expensive as well versus other vests out there.

You can likely look it up and see who else sells it.

Dana

The life jacket with a solid handle is key. I'm new to dogs on boats but my GF and her family are not. All of their dogs have them, and she routinely swings her 90lb golden over the transom on my 17. It's great when you need them out of the water immediately.

Is your braket platform level (or near level) with the water's surface? If so, just do what lots of duck hunters do, press down on the dogs head once it gets it's front paws on the bracket deck. The dog will lever itself onto the deck.

The lab and boykin come over the duck boat transom using this method and pop right up onto the swim ladder platform on my 1801.

Here is a pic of my 50 lb dog in his vest again. Posted it because yesterday we had an 11 year old chocolate lab on the boat. We put same vest on the lab, was tighter but fit. Old lab was coaxed in twice with jacket. Later he jumped in on his own without the vest.

We lifted lab with vest out by vest handle. Without it grabbed his collar and his lower back.

Dana

Attachments

• P1100822 (Medium).JPG
    P1100822 (Medium).JPG
    154.9 KB · Views: 240
  • P1100846 (Medium).JPG
    P1100846 (Medium).JPG
    150.1 KB · Views: 240
We were swimming with the dogs at Lake Hartwell and Merlin decided to swim 1/4 mile to the beach to go potty.
IMAG0445_BURST002.jpg

He swam back when finished and thankfully can get back aboard on his own.
IMAG0544.jpg

We were recently aboard for 7 days up at 1000 Islands in NY. Merlin learned to go potty aboard as none of us touched the beach the whole time.
IMAG0573.jpg

Good boy!

Latest posts

Back