drilling the hard top of my 2310

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Parker 2310

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Guys i have a question for you. I have purchased a new life raft and cradle (costal commander 6) and i am also in the process of buying a new radar system. Both of them are to be mounted on the hardtop of my boat. the question is this; what do i need to do to seal the bolt holes if anything after drilling them and bolting down the equip? Is there some kind of sealer, silicone or something i should use as i am bolting the stuff in place? I will not be doing the job for at least another week, maybe two, but want to get everything prepared. thanks

Agreed - Seal with 3M 4200, I would consider wetting the holes with epoxy to protect the balsa core if it does leak. Just a thought.

MaxOut":vjte2eld said:
Agreed - Seal with 3M 4200, I would consider wetting the holes with epoxy to protect the balsa core if it does leak. Just a thought.

definitely seal with thinned epoxy or Git Rot, finish off with 4200 or 5200. contrary to popular belief, 5200 is NOT forever, and will eventually allow water intrusion. thats when the epoxy layer comes in handy.

Thanks everyone. I plan to take the week of the 15th off and do some work on the boat. So I will be doing some drilling then. I plan to install the life raft, a radar unit and an EPIRB. I have to get it all done now before I put her back in the water; my wife said no more off shore trips until we have those items. It has been expensive insurance / items that I hope I never have to use. Thanks again.

Back