Dual anchoring system

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RumRunner

Reaction score
Has anyone ever rigged up a second anchor system utilizing a reef anchor? I've lost a few anchors over wrecks, and was thinking about taking a reef anchor on a separate rode to toss in over wrecks. And instead of using the windlass, some kind of crank or ratchet system. Thoughts?

Sailboat halyard winch...I never needed the handle.
IMG_3249.jpg

Nick...thanks for the post. Can you give me more details...what is the system, where did you buy it, why did you decide to mount it where you did, is it a seperate anchor, do you use it over wrecks, and do you also have another anchoring system? Thanks for the reply. Looks exactly what I need.
RumRunner

Just picked up a 2320 and here's my plan for a double anchor system from the bow pulpit.

No windlass on the boat which is fine, I double anchor from the bow, use a ball on each anchor and run down the middle to bring them up into the balls. We bring the ropes in from the stern and place into baskets.

I plan on mounting 2 of these on the pulpit on each corner at a 45 degree angle, will run my anchor lines through them and then over the bow rail back to the stern. When I drop them from each side I attach the balls to them so no need to go to the bow. With the lines already through the leads an over the rail they will lay right back down each side of the pilot house and tie off on the mid ship cleats.

http://www.defender.com/product.jsp?pat ... &id=934435

tomysel":395jrz3d said:
http://www.thehulltruth.com/boats-sale-wanted/616001-2007-parker-pilothouse-2520-xl.html

When some funds become available I plan to add a hauler and setup something like this.

willyk9":1itjdk3x said:
Just picked up a 2320 and here's my plan for a double anchor system from the bow pulpit.

No windlass on the boat which is fine, I double anchor from the bow, use a ball on each anchor and run down the middle to bring them up into the balls. We bring the ropes in from the stern and place into baskets.

I plan on mounting 2 of these on the pulpit on each corner at a 45 degree angle, will run my anchor lines through them and then over the bow rail back to the stern. When I drop them from each side I attach the balls to them so no need to go to the bow. With the lines already through the leads an over the rail they will lay right back down each side of the pilot house and tie off on the mid ship cleats.

http://www.defender.com/product.jsp?pat ... &id=934435

RumRunner":14hr8nb0 said:
Nick...thanks for the post. Can you give me more details...what is the system, where did you buy it, why did you decide to mount it where you did, is it a seperate anchor, do you use it over wrecks, and do you also have another anchoring system? Thanks for the reply. Looks exactly what I need.
RumRunner

I bought the winch on eBay for <$100. The handle was extra but you don't really need one as the winch is only one way - it will ratchet in, but lock from going out...when you can't pull in, give the motor a bump or cleat it off and do whatever you think will help..

I'm a bit of a rebel and with my Seaswirl, I anchored only from the stern (high freeboard - no insane tendencies) for all overnights. This way I could handle the rode and the throttle, not to mention overnights with the breeze blowing over the stern - into the cockpit. I don't fish but I can tell you that this is a very convenient approach to anchoring anywhere if your mindset and freeboard allow.

I even mounted the anchor off the transom for convenience:
IMG_2487.jpg

So here's what I did for a dual anchor setup on my 2320.

- Removal of the center roller wan't happening easily so left it there. Good for when I only need a single emergency anchor.
- Added 2 rollers offset on the pulpit and one to guide the lines, using the bow cleats as guide also.
- Have the lines ran through and over the pulpit back to baskets on the deck behind the wheelhouse.
- Will be dropping my anchors from the side with balls attached, lines will come right off the bow rollers.

Thinking is should all work well, haven't tested but have other ideas in case.

Attachments

• IMG_0588.JPG
    IMG_0588.JPG
    309.6 KB · Views: 350
Back