e-z anchor puller/horizon, running cable etc. etc.

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Capt. John Deering

Reaction score
--i have a 23 se, it does not have a pulpit.
i'm tired of using a ball or hand pulling the anchor.

--anybody know what brand pulpit parker uses or are they made in-house? how much are they? yes, i can contact parker.

--e-z puller has some nice pulpits.......not sure on color.

--my batteries are in my console, 2 house and 1 starting. what is the best way/route to get a positive and negative cable to the anchor locker.......follow the fuel fill or tank vent under gunnel to the bow.

--still undecided on e-z puller or lower profile horizon/lewmar.

--advantages of horizontal vs. vertical drop??

--looking at a picture of a windless installation in another post, it appears the windless (guess its a horizon) is mounted in front of the anchor locker door. i thought the windless needed to be installed directly over the anchor locker. i can't get my head around this.

if you don't want to type i can call you.

-advantages of horizontal vs. vertical drop??

A vertical drop needs a MUCH deeper anchor locker. So if your anchor locker is kind of shallow like the one on my boat you will want a horizontal unit.

You really want the drop of the rode to be in the center of the locker. That will help to keep it from piling up on one side.

EZ Anchor Puller is expensive but worth the $ is you want to stay off deck and anchor a lot. Requires a long run of large cable to bow from batteries. Never had any problems. Did bend a few anchors.

Back