E-Z Anchor Puller

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mildew2

Reaction score
E-Z anchor puller
I am looking at one for my 2120. Need input on how it works and Pros and Cons
about this unit. Thanks

mildew2":nrgqggob said:
Need input on how it works and Pros and Cons

From what has been posted here previously, The pros are simplicity, no wet rode in the chain well, and... simplicity. :)
Cons... not sure there are any except the E-Z Anchor puller is power up, and power down.
Even with that, I'm told she raises and drops pretty quickly.

Looking at one for my boat as well. Just looking at mounting options at the moment.

I fish alot of reef sites in the Del. Bay so I need the anchor to drop quick to try and stay on the reef, My 2520 had a powerwinch freefall winch but I had so much trouble with it
I'm hesitant to go back to a freefall because of the inherant trouble with the kickout gear in that style winch. My 2120 has such a limited anchor locker I know it would also be a problem with the rode feeding out and in. I do like the simplicity of the EZ for sure.

The downsides are:
It is big. It takes up some space on the bow but it isn't terrible.
It is loud. When I first used it I thought something was wrong but the manufacturer confirmed that is how it is supposed to sound.
You are limited on capacity. I bought the #12, I was able to fit about 240' of Mega-Brait 1/2" and about 35' of 1/4 chain. I wanted at least 300' of rope and 30' of chain. I bought that much but had to cut a bunch off. I would use 3/8" rope next time. Should be plenty strong enough.
There are not any used ones on the market which must be an indication of their popularity.

The plus:
It is all in the open.
I have spent hours and hours working on my friends Maxwell Freedom 800. It is a piece. Any of the ones that sit below deck are problematic due to the interface.
Better than a capstan type.

Hope that helps more.

Back