Eastern 22

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ackparker

Reaction score
Any one ever ridden in a 22 hard top and could comment on the ride. Saw some at the show and really liked the look of them. Do not have the fit and finish of the parkers and the beam is only 7'8" but they do look nice.

Attachments

• IMG_0018.jpg
    IMG_0018.jpg
    103.5 KB · Views: 489
Yup. I had a 22 center console before the Parker and my club has the 22 hard top as a chase boat for the race committee which I have driven a lot.

My comments...I loved the center console, but it was wet and not suitable for offshore work. Great for around the rocks fly fishing. The hard top is a completely different story. It is top heavy and a couple of guys flipped ours this year. They were older gentlemen and it was early in the season with cold water and we were lucky nobody got hurt.

Also, with the extra weight of the top the boat has a lower water line and is EXTREMELY wet. Like a submarine wet.

Bottom line, Eastern makes a bullet proof boat and I love the guys up there who make these. They are great for sheltered waters. The 22 with its hard chine is just not suitable for a hard top configuration. I am sure will find lots of other who love it, but in my mind it is an accident waiting to happen.

Back