ECK prevents galvanic/electrolysis corrosion?

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

greatcir

Reaction score
Be interesting to see what this product (ECK) really does on boats. They are saying:

"Boaters have tried everything to prevent corrosion. We believe that ECK is a low cost solution to this serious problem that destroys your boat." They claim the Navy and some small yacht manufacturers use the product.

http://vannay.com/FAQ.html

Product comes in aerosols and quarts. Who knows?...............Pete

$50 a quart?

I'll say with insualating SS fasteners from any aluminum hardware I'll use, which would mostly be on my aluminum skiff, by nylon washers, heat-shrink on the bolt body and similar methods.

Even though there is a ECK spay can at 18 bucks, there may not be enough "odd" metal contact to warrant the spray on a Parker.

On second thought, why in the world would the Navy or yacht manufacturerers design in metal to metal contact that they know is not good? Or if the spay contains zinc, wonder how long it takes to sacrifice? Not sure what they are saying about protecting electrical wiring/contacts.

Guess I'll stay with the long successful Boeshield T-9 spay at about 12 bucks for a spray can for my problems which usually are a piece of brass or copper turning green. ..........Pete

DaleH, your Nylon washer and heat-shrink are very out dated methods. This product will never wash off, seal out moisture, creates a barrier between the two different metals & has Zinc powder & dust to absorb any kind of Electrolic or Galvanic breakdown. Your method wouldn’t withstand any of sort breakdowns. If you would like, I will send you a free can to play with. But only if you report your findings for other to see.

Same with you greatcir, your Boeshield T-9 is a temporary solution. "Lubricates and protects all metals for months". We have our product tested and field inspected to last well over 10 years without any breakdown. Our product is petroleum based and not waxes like Boeshield. It has more of a grease texture and never dries (anti-seize). ECK can be used for just about any application.

Please email me at [email protected] for any further questions. And please take me up on that free sample Dale & greatcir.

Will do Megabyte. I just applied for my can so will try it a few different places & see what happens..................Pete

DaleH":1atseyjk said:
$50 a quart?

I'll say with insualating SS fasteners from any aluminum hardware I'll use, which would mostly be on my aluminum skiff, by nylon washers, heat-shrink on the bolt body and similar methods.

well...using the correct bottom paint on an aluminum bracket will definatley avoid corrosion...i see way too many bracket equipped boats with a copper based antifouling paint used around the bracket,this creates a galvanic reaction...

personally,i wouldn't reccomend this stuff to anyone...i like the insulating washers-but hey that's me...

Back