electricial problem solved.

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Capt. John Deering

Reaction score
i had a problem with all my accessories just going blank, i could re-start but it happened several times.

i thought i would post this here as a fyi, since its a 23 parker, since it could happen to you. ( i think the wire came loose because no lock washers were on the terminals.)

here ya go:

FYI, i found the problem, i hope.

i had a loose positive cable that runs from the battery switch to the bottom terminal of the 40 amp fuse. it was loose at the fuse, i also added lock washers to all terminals that did not have them..

preventative steps:

for all electrical components in that compartment, including battery switch, 40 amp fuse and negative terminal connection bus, i removed all terminals, wired brushed all terminals and sprayed corrosion X over everything.

i then moved inside the console since i removed all the junk yesterday. i removed all battery cables on the three batteries, wire brushed the and sprayed everything with corrosion X

finally, i removed/unplugged all fuse holders and plugs and sprayed corrosion X inside the holders, and sprayed all fuses in the three fuse blocks. i probably should have removed the motor covers and cleaned the positive and negative terminals attached to the motor..........to tired.

thanks to all who offered suggestions and other forms of assistance

I had the same thing happen to me last year while on my May Trip. I called my dealer and their matenance people put me right on track. Same problem. Easy to fix. Norfolk Marine has always treated me well and have helped with every problem--- which have been few.

Back