Electronics for 2310

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tweendeck

Reaction score
I just purchased a new 2310 and I am looking at installing some electronics. Radio, gps, fishfinnder, and if the budget can handle it radar. I would like to get some ideas, and if possible some pictures of other 2310 owners boats and how and where the mounted the electronics in the 2310. I would like to know where would be the best place to mount the radio antenna? Also what eletronics you mounted in the eletronics box above or did you mount most of it at the helm area? Any information would be greatly appreciated. THANKS.

Do a search in the "Projects" section for member Porkchunker. His is a 2510, but I believe that the helms are similar so far as placement is concerned.

VHF, Chartplotter, and Sounder would be the best place to start. Radar is great to have, but should come after you have the basics installed to get you started. Your VHF antenna should be at least an 8' and situated as high as you can get it. Buy the highest quality antenna as you can afford as it will be your lifeline, and you don't want to go cheap with your lifeline.

What brand(s) you decide to buy can be a personal thing, and everyone has their favorites (me included).
For GPS Chartplotters, I prefer Garmin. For Fishfinders I prefer Furuno paired with an Airmar transducer. For VHF I prefer Icom paired with a Digital antenna. For radar, I prefer Furuno.

Placement depends on your helm real estate and if you have any special viewing restrictions. I wear progressive lenses so mounting any electronics up high is a no-no for me. I don't want to have to keep cranking my head back to view the 'fine print' through the bottom of my lenses, so all my instruments and electronics are mounted at, or below level.

This isn't a 2310, but it might give you an idea or two.
Good luck!

Image-0B0288F859B911DC.jpg

optimaxfish":edqiy8h0 said:
I would put the radio in the radio box built in hardtop. Mount the antenna directly over so direct feed to radio. I once had GPS and FF mounted in T-Top. Wore my neck out straining to see and I'm 6'5". Be sure to use the Shakespeare stainless mount, the're 2 versions, get the HD model.

If yer rigging yerself, be sure to use all marine or tinned wiring. I use the Shakespeare Galaxy 5225 antenna. There is a small chrome bulkhead fitting that has an o-ring to seal. Be sure to order correct one, 5225 has oversize 5/16 wire.

Airmar tilted element ducer is what I use and will work great on yer Deep Vee Parker. Everything is available at low cost from Jim at BOE.

For electronics, Furuno is my only choice.

i agree with most everything that Opti has said. and that doesnt happen very often. the only thing i could say is that my fishfinder is mounted from the roof, and it actually helps me see it from the pit. but otherwise, i agree.

With the radio up in the radio box, you could always attach an Icom "Command Mic" to make access easier.
I have a Command Mic mounted under the washboard in the cockpit, but it could be mounted anywhere - even on the helm.

Image-0BDAD664DD2511D9.jpg

Back