Engine Swaps

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mark Sr

Reaction score
Has anyone with an I/O Parker swapped out their inboard to an outboard with a bracket.Was it worth it? Are the outboard brackets mount the motor under the swim platform or do you need to replace your platform for an outboard.Just thinking about it. Iknow there's glass work etc.Any thoughts,thanks

I never encounter it, but I would suspect that if you're going to go through the time and expense, you would want the boat to look like it originally was powered by an outboard, not something tucked under your original platform. Curious, why the switch? Is there a less expense solution? I would have to believe that making the swap, going to a new outboard would be pretty expensive as compared to using your existing infrastructure and re-powering. Good luck...

Mark Sr":1k0kypja said:
Has anyone with an I/O Parker swapped out their inboard to an outboard with a bracket.Was it worth it? Are the outboard brackets mount the motor under the swim platform or do you need to replace your platform for an outboard.Just thinking about it. Iknow there's glass work etc.Any thoughts,thanks
A lot of Parker owners have done this and it's not really that extensive to do with fiberglass work.

John,I was curious because I'm starting to have some issues,minor ones I hope but I'm disabled and can't do the things I use to do.Also the extra room inside for me would be better for my chair I use.The outdrive is a 2000 but the motor was replaced in 2012.I'm starting to get a whining noise from my fuels pumps and I heard there about $700 a piece.I think now maybe the new outboards are less work.

Hey Mark ,it's Sam the one who sold u the PARKER,sounds like u r still having fun with it,how's it been?If anything I would consider just converting it to carb if anything but it is nice with the out boards!Ive since got a 2820 and love it,but do miss the none rocking on the modified V!

Hey Sam,love the boat.Had a few problems in the beginning,the radar never work and still doesn't,when we first filled up the boat with gas we had fuel all over in the bilge.We couldn't figure out where it was coming from until we did a process of elimination and the fuel hose had a hole in it under the deck.That was a bitch to get out and replace because I didn't want to cut the floor up.Now were getting a loud knock when running,I'm thinking maybe a bad universal or gimbal bearing.I know you replaced both,but did you have that problem?Does that universal have to be greased?I remember you saying no but I thought I'd ask again.Any thoughts appreciated.How's your health,I hope your doing good.

Hey mark its going good as for the gimbal bearing was new the shaft was also new all from Volvo but worth pulling off to inspect before some think does break,the knock is only when u put it in gear???Tour probably better off calling me or texting me if I can help you I will do my best!!!

Back