ethanol/warrenty

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

passingwindII

Reaction score
I was searching around on yamaha-motor.com and saw a Q&A on ethonal fuel. Im not very computer savy so i couldn't cut and paste but maybe my wife will help me. It said about ethanol fuel, there motors were not meant to be run an ethenal and that ethenal could damage gaskets and such. I wonder if ethenal did damage your motor would it be under warrenty. I living in NC havent seen any ethanol at the pumps

I had a problem with my 150 4Stroke last year which may or may not have been brought about through the use of Ethanol fuel. My fuel pump burnt out after the VST filter became plugged up. Yamaha evaluated the problem and stated that it may have been caused by fuel contamination. The VST filter was a mess after only 100 hours on a new engine. However, they agreed to completely cover the replacement including the shipping expense of acquiring the new parts. I was very impressed and appreciative. Since then I have advised everyone I know with the same engine to carefully inspect and replace the VST filter from time to time. If you are not comfortable doing it yourself, which I am not, it is a job for a certified mechanic. We still do not lnow the exact cause of the problem but are hopeful that it will not happen again this year.

Contrary to what you stated, I was under the impression that the Yamaha F150 4Stroke is approved to operate with 10% ethanol fuel and that it would not effect any warranty. I found Yamaha to be very professional and considerate of my circumstances.
:lol:
Good luck.

Back