Extended cabin models

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bryan 2530

Reaction score
I have not been on a Parker yet but I have been interested in them for quite a while. I am considering the 2530 EC cabin model to meet the needs of my family and fishing.
I was wondering what the masses here at CP think of this model? Any help, opinions or general info on buying one would be great.
Thanks in advance.

Bryan, I have a 23 extended cabin and really love it. The dinette table sure comes in handy. My wife really enjoys the extra space in the cabin also. I tell you what....sure is nice to have extra space "inside" when you are spending long hours on the boat in bad weather. Our boat has the optional fridge,dinette,and fresh water sink,so it also a good cruising boat for the family. If and when i move up it will be to the 2530 that is the perfect size boat for weekends and fishing/diving. they are not cheap, but you get what you pay for! Good-Luck in your quest.
Capt.Guy

If I were you I'd go see "Outlaw". I've seen her up close and if I were looking for a 2530, I'd look hard at that one. The 2530 is 21 degree deadrise and is a heavy boat. I have not been out in one, but I suspect it rides as well and probably better than the 25DV because of the extra weight. With the extra cabin space and seating, it would be great for family trips too. It would be an awesome fishing boat(IMO). As long as your family doesn't require alot of immenitys(sp), this boat might work for you. If not, buy my 2520XL 2004 for considerably less $$ and I'll go check out "outlaw" again. Good luck.

Any reason why the Parker site has the second station listed as an option for single engine boats only?
Does anyone here have a second station on a twin engine boat? I don't see why it is not possible. :?: :?:

There are some on the site with 2530's.

Parker doesn't sell many.

I have one. I wanted the things that are in an extended cabin, not the sport cabin. Is a '96. There were no XL's.

The old story of whether you want a big cockpit or not.

List out some specific questions or interest.

Dana

We have a 1998 2530 DV EC. I would recommend the DV if you go with an EC to balance the extend cabin weight above the waterline with the extra weight below if you are going to run the boat in the ocean.

We have the "school bus" configuration with 2 swivel chairs forward and a 52" bench seat behind each with storage under. We have had up to 8 adults out for a cruise and there was plenty of room for all.

We fish much of the time and with the EC and I/O engine box there is still plenty of room to fish 4 adults. We fish the boat on the south shore of Long Island from March to December. That EC is a great thing to fit the whole crew while running between fishing spots when it is cold out.

As far a specs for looking at the 2530 EC.

I would like a boat that can handle fishing and the family, age old question also.
I also have a bridge to deal with on the way out, 6'11" clearance at mean high water.
I like the idea of the closable forward cabin with the head for the family. How many guys out there have the marine head as opossed to the porta potti?
Galley is a must to allow food prep on weekend trips.
I have a family of four with two girls, 2 and 4 righ now. Would be nice to sleep them in the cabin.
Also thinking of doing some chartering on the side during the summer months. Inshore.
Off shore fishing for myself, not charter.
Fuel economy would be nice. :D

You might have to pick the time of tide to go under the bridge.

The marine head is an upcharge. I have one, with a 15.6 holding tank in the front of the main cabin.

I have the galley (sink, 10 gal tank, two burner alcohol stove, 12 V fridge, and storage drawers.

On the opposite side is a dinette with two bench seats (can fit four people).

Dinette turns into a single berth. Vee has cushions and can sleep two.

Not likely going to fit 4 people overnight unless you end up in the cockpit, or you squeeze one of the adults into the vee too.

Fuel economy isn't valid with mine as I have an I/O, you'll have to hear from the outboard owners. I get 2 mpg cruise speed.

Dana

LOVE 2530s!!!!! :D :D :D weve got a '95 and couldnt be happier (unless we had new engines, but i digress :roll: ). definately go with the deep vee, and if you POSSIBLY can do without the galley (maybe sub in a coleman stove and a portable sink?) that bench is heaven on long trips home. i would get the hardback instead of the canvas, which we have, but they both have their advantages. depending on how much serious offshore fishing youre gonna do (if any) you may want to consider nixing the second station, as it takes up gunnel space and thats at a premium as you lose about 2-3 feet of it with the extended cabin and thats a rod holder on each side. i dont find it that hard to manuevre close quarters from the helm, but thats just MHO. autopilot takes care of trolling. unlikely to fit everyone in the cabin once you start storing stuff in there (as you inevitably will, trust me :D ), its kinda cramped. again, that bench is mighty comfy. in terms of fuel economy, i cant speak for guys w/ four strokes, we get about 1 MPG with 10 yr old, kinda screwed up twin 150 two strokes, but itll be alot better with fours.

When you look at one without the cabin package or photos without them, here are some quick photos of dinette and galley setup, on a '96.

Dana

Attachments

• DSC02403 (Medium).JPG
    DSC02403 (Medium).JPG
    42.6 KB · Views: 2,152
  • DSC02404 (Medium).JPG
    DSC02404 (Medium).JPG
    57.9 KB · Views: 2,152
  • SteveE&Butch Jr_071603 (Medium).JPG
    SteveE&Butch Jr_071603 (Medium).JPG
    62.7 KB · Views: 2,152
Back