F150 rough idle and $13,500 later.

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rplas48

Reaction score
Sorry if this was posted twice.
Well the corrosion was pretty bad, exhaust cover, head and elsewhere to the point repair was out of the question. Left over F150 was $13,500 with new gauges, controls and installation. Engine was 2005 with 1000 hours and used in salt water but always flushed and engine anodes replaced as needed.

Has anyone experienced similar corrosion problems and has anyone gotten some reimbursement from Yamaha?

Ray

Yes just search corrosion on this site or Google . several good postings with pics on the THT

If out of warranty, Yamaha will not cover is what I have read. On mine, it was out of warranty and paid over $3K to a shop in Ft Meyers . Owner was not happy dealing with customers and lack of Yamaha support. He took off 20% off labor and 30% off parts. This was before there was a kit at reduced price, too. My motor was torn down and a parts list made then ordered. It was in the shop a long time but still ok and checked this year when LU was replaced.

I contacted BoatUs and they wrote an article on it. Some time later and I wasn't expecting it, staff from Yamaha in Atlanta played phone tag, He gave me the dead fish script - out of warranty, old, 3 owners, no extended warranty which would help either but BoatUs embarrassed them and Yamaha called many owners read the script. I have been in the professional health care business for 42 years and Yamaha's call was hard and unprofessional like written by the legal dept. When I look at new boats and motors, I share my reserve about buying another Yamaha motor. I just looked at new ones in Tampa and told the same story. He didnt know anything about if and said all issues were resolved. Then I asked for changes and silence, We then called Bonita Springs Parker. No clue. No one wants to address and explain in any details what was wrong and precisely how the new parts are improved even Yamaha pars dealers shy away from discussion. Alas, I dont think a new Parker with Yamaha motors will be purchased by us bc Very sad . The Admiral and I dont trust Yamaha and looking at other new boats. Yamaha motors might develop new and or unsupported issues and not supported by Yamaha. It makes me ill looked at my motor and I wish I bought a Suzuki. Some discussions about a class action suits and legal firms but I didnt join. Just moved on living my life . BTW flushing will not help since in dry exhaust section. Sorry about motor, It is an expensive lesson on whatever the reason these motors parts corroded and owners are disappointed.

Back