F225 Low Pressure Fuel Pump and VST/VST Filter Job

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

esfishdoc

Reaction score
I've got the parts on order and I'm planning on doing the job myself.

I've developed a problem that is likely the low pressure fuel pump (450 dollars!)

I'll start sometime next week. I'm looking for some input before I start the job.... I've looked over this:

http://webpages.charter.net/stephens65/yamaha/8.html

Thoughts? Comments? Has anyone done this?

Here is a thread on THT that outlines the problem.
http://www.thehulltruth.com/boating-for ... -f225.html

Andy Munao thinks it is the low pressure fuel pump and the VST filters are due (685 hours or so)

Thanks,

Richard

I used the tutorial on Andy's SIM web site and would label the hoses going to VST and take pictures before starting. The VST has 2 filters; one internal which is attached to the high pressure pump and the second is external on the top left of the tank (F Shaped)
You should change both along with the front fuel filter

Why do you suspect the low pressure fuel pump?

Can you email me a picture of the VST tank with hoses attached so I check the hose connections to my setup?

esfishdoc":2wcgbcdc said:
I've developed a problem that is likely the low pressure fuel pump (450 dollars!)

Dang! :shock:
I replaced the low pressure pumps on my OX66 and they were about $40 each.

I love my OX66 2-stroke! :)

Must be the same pups they use on Zukes. Just replaced afetr only 505 hours. 451.00

just a note.... if you've ruined a fuel pump, you may want to pop your sender off and look at the condition of fuel in your tank.

looking back on some trouubles with my zuke...it appears it was an "early indicator" .

viewtopic.php?f=19&t=9070&p=64129#p64129

Check out the above link of when I replaced a completely filthy VST Filter. It ran like new for several months after changing it until another problem developed.

In the pictures, you'll see the VST Tank, the new VST Filter installed and what the old dirty filter and float looked like. I could clean the float but I couldn't clean the filter...had to buy a new one.

Hope this helps some.

Yes, water causing phase separation between the gas and water/ethanol contents.

I changed the vent and it caught rainwater. I've since upgraded to the gemlux.

Back