F300 Powerhead protection - silicone spray

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bmoore

Reaction score
Gave my Powerhead a good misting of Yamashield Silicone lubricant tonight. Any particular areas that I need to be careful not to spray it ? I just sprayed all around bottom where block meets the sides and all around the sides. I never removed the plastic covers or anything. If there is a particular area or part I need to avoid spraying please let me know and might be nice if you can tell me where that is. Thanks !!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Spray anything electric, even terminal blocks and connections in the vessel. Just don't overdo it, light coat every now and then. If your observant, and it sounds like you. You'll notice it, when it needs a touch up.

I use and so does the dealers in their shop around here is Fluid Film.

luid Film is a lanolin based, solvent free, rust and corrosion inhibitor as well as a penetrating lubricant. Fluid Film provides excellent protection for metal components. The formula is 100% solvent free and will not get gummy or tacky. Fluid Film works as a release agent on the underside of Lawnmower decks making clean up much easier. It is nonconductive and will prevent corrosion on battery terminals.In harsh climates or conditions, Fluid Film will not readily freeze and retains a slick consistency, keeping chains and moving parts from binding or building up dirt and debris. Fluid Film is ideal for frame and chassis undercoating to protect from salts and brines on vehicles and trailers. With a high flashpoint and exceptional water displacement, Fluid Film is the perfect protectant for endless applications. Fluid Film also brings luster back to sunbaked coatings and helps prevent dirt and mud from caking on surfaces.

Back