Factory Rod Holders

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

oakhillseric

Reaction score
Parker said they use Gemlux 315530 for standard rod holders.( Attached is the data.) Question. Is it enough to just buy the backing plates and call it good for trolling or do we pull those holders and replace them with stronger ones? I think at a minimum I should have swivels in the aft corners.
Will be dragging for tuna this summer. Spredder bars and madmacs.

LMK

Attachments

• 315530 REV1 - MARKETING - 2-15-2021.pdf
    158.2 KB · Views: 0
Parker said they use Gemlux 315530 for standard rod holders.( Attached is the data.) Question. Is it enough to just buy the backing plates and call it good for trolling or do we pull those holders and replace them with stronger ones? I think at a minimum I should have swivels in the aft corners.

LMK

I don’t know that I’ve ever heard of anyone breaking the standard rod holders. The backing plates with the wood-cored covering boards should be more than sufficient. Remember, the drag setting on your reels is probably somewhere in the 80lb maximum range?

If you’re going for giant bluefin, sturdier rod holders may be warranted. But for general trolling, the stock ones (provided they’re the Gemlux metal ones, not the chrome over plastic cup/rod holder combos) should be just fine.

LMK
I troll for Tuna frequently using the stock rod holders in my 2005 Parker 2520 SL with 50s and have boated many fish with the rod in the holder for the last part of the fight. No giants but many 60-100lb fish. No problems at all. Can’t speak for newer boats but on my year of Parker, the cap is plenty beefy enough on its own that the stock rod holder require 0 modification.

Back