Factory through hull anode/ground bar, purpose, replacement.

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

panga

Reaction score
My 2520 has a large, I believe stock, anode/ground bar through hull on the rear port side of the bottom of the hull probably 2" wide 8" long, it has to bolt studs on the inside of the boat coming off it with pieces of wire that someone had cut at some time in the past.

What is the purpose of this? Is it a sacraficial anode zinc or is it a grounding bar to ground the batteries to the water?

How should it be properly hooked up and rigged? I assume those wires were intended by Parker to go somewhere?

I have had some electrolysis issues on my stainless marine offshore bracket, that I attributed to someone using copper based bottom paint on it but could this not being hooked up be a contributor? Or would wiring this to the negative terminal on the battery and the bolts on the inside of the transom that hold on the bracket help with preventing future electrolysis?

Does this piece need to be periodically replaced? I think it has been painted over with bottom paint? I could wire wheel it clean if need be?

Thanks for the help everyone

Lots of views no responses... Maybe It isn't stock? Do you guys have these on your boats? Mine is a 1992 2520dvsc ? Thanks

Sounds like a ground plate someone added along the way.

Parker's don't come stock with that installed.

only my best guess is that it could be a lighting strike ground plate, mostly commercial metal boats have them. If there are no wires hooked up to it to channel the strike, then it won't do much good.

Attachments

• as048f5.gif
    as048f5.gif
    5 KB · Views: 118
It used to be std procedure to add them as earth grounds for loran and radar.

Well maybe since the hull penetration is in place maybe I ought to wife it to the tuna tower for freak lightning strikes?

Back