Fellow 23SE owners....

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

PDP

Reaction score
and others who know more about props than I do.

I am considering trying a different prop - and wonder what you guys are swinging.

My boat is a 2004 23SE with a 30" F225. No t-top. It was set up at the factory with a 19" Yamaha SW series (original, not SWS II). All around performance is actually pretty good, but I don't spin quite enough rpm at my normal load (which is typically 2 guys, gear, and between 1/2 and a full 110 gallon tank).

With that load I spin about 5600/5700 rpm and 41-42 mph trimmed efficiently. I can trim way out and reach 5800 rpm and 43. Anything more and I begin to ventilate. Once apon a time in galssy water with a nearly empty tank and only me on the boat, I hit 5800/5900 and 45 mph. I never run that light, so I mention that for context only. I guess I am chasing those last 200-300 rpm, knowing this motor doesn't generate max hp until 5500, and because I think the engine will be happier and healthier operating at the top of the range.

I have been dealing with Andy at SIM, and he thinks the new SWS II in 17" would be best overall, but that a 17" Rev 4 would be "intersting". How are other 23SE owners propped, and how does your performance compare?

On an unrelated note that might be of interest, I put the boat away last season with a nearly full tank of E10. Early this season I had lost 300 rpm and 4/5 mph at the top end, and thought I had a problem. When I filled the tank with fresh gas, my lost rpm and speed came right back. I didn't think the stale gas could have such an impact - but it did.

Thanks in advance guys, Paul

Well, I have a 2003 25SE. Bought it used in 2005 and it had a 151/4 x 17 on it. Would hit 6000 rpm eventually and about 40. So, I tried experimenting myself with Stilletto 141/4 x 19, a 145/8 x 16 4 blade which was under propped and a few others. After all that I have found the one that came on the boat which was a 15 1/4 x 17 works best for my boat. But don't forget mine is significantly heavier I guess but I'm running a F225 just like you. Mine holds 154 gallons of fuel and I have a hard T-top. It's a Mod V with I beieve a 16 degree deadrise. Hope this helps. :?:

Back