Filet table

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Makoman232

Reaction score
I am looking to make a filet table for my 2320.
My plan is to have it located in the center of the deck but not fixed to the floor.

Was thinking about mounting it to a cooler.

Has anyone made something like this?
If so please share pics.

Thanks

Like this?

$_35.JPG

No, taller.

A table where one can stand and filet fish.
I have looked and not seen anything out there.

This is my winter project and I will post pics of my creation.

Makoman232":21b4l3oi said:
No, taller.

A table where one can stand and filet fish.
I have looked and not seen anything out there.

This is my winter project and I will post pics of my creation.

Here's one from another thread

Attachments

• filet table.jpg
    filet table.jpg
    110.9 KB · Views: 697
I would think a fillet table that fits in the rod holder to be the best bet. If you have a free standing fillet table in the middle of the deck where do you suppose the blood and guts are going to wind up

I was in bass pro today and they have fold up fillet tables.so I shot you a few pics. With or without a sink

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    99.8 KB · Views: 646
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    129.4 KB · Views: 645
Thanks for the pics.

The table top may work, would have to check the weight.
I have to create something, I can't keep filleting on the stern.

Capt. Lou, I have added a filet top/cutting board to my Pelican 150...attached with snaps and have had no problems thus far, about as high as the transom.

Attachments

• IMG_1133.JPG
    IMG_1133.JPG
    85.1 KB · Views: 599
I had the same issue. I hated sitting on my deck chair, and leaning forward, to filet on my cutting board atop my cooler. (back breaking, unstable and messy on my pants) While shopping in a thrift shop, I found an adjustable electronic keyboard stand. Basically an x-shaped pipe stand with a tightening knob at the pivot point of the X. Both top and bottom legs of this stand have rubber sleeves to keep it and the keyboard from sliding. I mounted my removable cutting board to it by putting two pieces of PVC tubing with stainless cable ties at the appropriate points on the underside. These tubes also serve to limit the spread of the stand. The cutting board fits under the gunwale of my 2520 and the stand stores flat in the cabin. Another tip: find a piece of indoor-outdoor carpet to put on the table to keep fish from sliding and to be less dulling of your knife.
After I'm done I simply hose this carpet well and store it on deck to air out.

Good tip, thanks
Over the next few months I will make a filet table which is light, study and the appropriate height. My plan is to have a cooler under the table to maximize space and add supports to the table.

As for filleting, I have been using the sheet shelving material.
This stuff is great, I cut a piece and put it under my cooler and buckets and it prevents this stuff from sliding on the deck.

I also used a piece for filleting works well. And when it gets beat up I toss it.
Target and Walmart sells rolls of this shelving material for about $10.

. .. ...no pictures of it on the boat, because I went a different route. .......but this is what I was planning on using.

........... ...it was a decent height for me (I'm 5'9") without killing my back. Reason I went a different route . .... wife and guests like to sit on the cooler while under way.. ..... :roll:

Attachments

• 0929131231a.jpg
    0929131231a.jpg
    66.2 KB · Views: 501
I think "GrouperJim" or it might have been someone else, used one like mine ("Cats Cradle")and had it in a rod holder that they mounted in the transum of a 2320 right in the middle between the 2 hatch lids that I think are the fish boxes or the fish box and live well? I'll try to find a pic and repost it.

The first pic is GrouperJim's and he actually just used the back side of the lid to cut on. The second pic is Milky2884 and he is the one that I was thinking of who put the rod holder in the center. No pic of the Filet Table in it but you get the idea that you could just insert one like mine. Hope this helps.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    63.4 KB · Views: 466
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    81.3 KB · Views: 466
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    93.3 KB · Views: 465
Back