Finally got the boat!

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Finbreaker

Reaction score
Well, after much nail biting and a month long wait, we finally got our 2008 2320SL delivered to us in Southern California from North Carolina- a 2700 mile trip, and the trailer performed beautifully except for the loss of a tire somewhere in Arizona- luckily we had a spare! Anyway, we just gave the boat a quick once over and the first few things I noticed were that the boat is going to need a serious wash, buff, and polish... The other thing I noticed is that the window frames and some of the outside hardware has some pitting. My question for the board is there any way to remove the pitting? I intend to protect all the metal from here on out with a good coat of woody wax or buff magic, but I would like to take a crack at removing as much of the pitting as I can... Thanks for tips and suggestions!

Congrats on the purchase!
The 2320 is a great boat and I am sure you will enjoy it.

There is also of great info on the site, and there is a post about detailing.

Good luck!

Congrats on the new boat. One of my gripes with Parker Pilothouse boats is the corrosion on all of the aluminum inside (window frames, seat arms and pedestals, etc) because of moisture. My boat was a 2005 and later they changed to a white finish window frame. I never wanted to leave any windows cracked on my 2520 XL because of the possibility of rain getting in and you would be definitely allowing moist salt air to flow inside. That being said once you get corrosion there is no getting rid of it. I did occasionally brush it with a bronze brush and treat it with Boeshield T9 which did improve the appearance. Good luck.

Back