first time parker owner

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

speckmiester

Reaction score
most projects done for the year and now ready for speckle trout season down here on the ms gulf coast. but i have to have total hip replacement this tues.

Attachments

• 04091131.jpg
    04091131.jpg
    40.3 KB · Views: 1,455
  • 04091128.jpg
    04091128.jpg
    37.2 KB · Views: 1,455
  • 04091127.jpg
    04091127.jpg
    33.7 KB · Views: 1,455
Welcome to ClassicParker and the ParkerNation and your on-line Parker Owner's Manual.

Wish we could get decent speck runs up here in the Chesapeake.

Nice looking boat. Need some pics of those specks coming on board. :D :D :D

Dave

aka

Wishing you a quick recover so you can get out on the water. She looks great and nothing motivates recovery like a boat in the driveway :)

now with the boat ready, 3 weeks after hip replacement, the oil crisis in the gulf looks really bad for down here for us. please add us to ya'lls prayers. may have to contract boat placing booms, sounds like 1500.00 daily for 25-30 footers

Man she looks clean without that bow rail. 8)

It would be a shame to oil her pristine hull, but we understand that the situation down there is critical.
Luck and prayers...

thanks, capt. been a long winter project. i had made post earlier, with the transom out. i just put windlass per the 5 gallon bucket upside down on the bow. my anchor locker has no drain. going to drill to the outside and cover with a clam. thanks again and again keep us in your prayers

We're watching closely up here, and praying that that containment dome will buy them enough time to drill the relief well to cap the blowout.

But even if they shut off further leakage tomorrow, you sure have your hands full down there to try to contain and recover the stuff already on the loose. :(

Let's hope those in charge of the cleanup are wise enough to make good use of local resources and knowledge when planning containment and response strategy. All the latest spill control technology is only more effective when coupled with the local fishermen's understanding of shoreline and prevailing wind and current info. There's also no substitute for the ferocity with which local folks will defend their turf!.

Good Luck and hope your hip is on the mend.

John

speckmiester

To change the subject, we bought a 2520 from that area a few months ago and hauled it west. The trailer is registered with plates from LA, but the boat was registered in MS. Former owner said that trailers don't need to be registered in MS...T or F?

Jtwo

Jtwo":3olatr1i said:
To change the subject, we bought a 2520 from that area a few months ago and hauled it west. The trailer is registered with plates from LA, but the boat was registered in MS. Former owner said that trailers don't need to be registered in MS...T or F?

I believe that as long as the registration is current, you are OK. The challenge will be... what to do when you need to renew?
Some states don't title trailers, others do.

This is what I found by Googling MS trailer regs...
http://motorvehicles.org/mississippi/trailer-license

Megabyte,

Louisiana (where the trailer's plates are from) does title trailers. Problem is I don't know who it is registered to. Could be owner who sold us the boat, could be someone else, and the owner (whom I presume owned the trailer) never re-registered the trailer (or didn't have to).

Broker sold the boat and doesn't respond. I've considered a legal letter emphising that we have paid money for a trailer that we can't register, but not sure that would make that dog hunt...so to speak.

Broker needs to make former owner go get a duplicate title, but the broker had a hard time getting the title to the boat (but did - and is properly registered to us now). There are son -in-laws, ex-wives, two states, etc. that make things complicated. I think they were 'walk-away' sellers (based on condition of boat) and the only way I'm going to get real title to this trailer is to either claim it is abandoned, or homemade.

Jtwo

mississippi requires tagging but does not require a title, mine came out of alabama, bill of sale on boat and trailer. no serial numbers on trailer. they told me to make one up and stamp it.

here in the dirty jerz we register the trailers as 'homemade' when we cant register them.

would this work for you?

The trailers in NJ must be registered, but they are untitled, so if i were to sell my untitled but registered boat trailer with the boat, I have to include a notarized letter stating my intent to transfer ownership of said untitled but registered trailer.

its a pain and impossible to get fisherman to notarize anything imo. we reregister as homemade.

Speckmiester,

Thanks for the info (that explains some of this) and sorry to sidetrack your intro. Like you, we have a boat new to us...and like you, we have something that is broken that is preventing us from using the boat (in our case - blown stb. engine - @*!#)...this stupid trailer thing is just icing on the cake. Yep, yer icing (oil spill) is thicker than ours.

Cptn Jim -
The Homemade option is plan B here. There is also plan C (abandoned property).

We have a bill of sale, but not notarized. Our uptight state bureaucracy (CA) won't deal with what we have. I've heard for homemade status, they require a bill for materials and an inspection...WTF! I need to get an off the record DMV read on my options.

I'll report back.

Cheers to new healthy hips and rebuilt engines! ...and a clean coast.

Jtwo

you may be able to sign an affidaved if you fell good about the bill of sale.
as far as the oil crisis it is not looking all to well. may have a nice parker with a good registration and a trailer with one also for sale shortly.

Back