fish finders

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hurricane

Reaction score
anybody have experience with the garmin gsw22 ff? How does it compare to the furuno 620? Would like to use all garmin including gps but not at the expense of a inferior ff. Need your expertise on this one.

I'm going to have to second HT comment.

I recently installed the GSD22 hooked to a P79 shoot through. I also have a Furuno 585 hooked up to a b60 thru hull. I finally had a chance to run em side by side last weekend. Don't know why, but the Furuno was displaying detailed images that the Garmin just totally missed. I know that those images on the Furuno are accurate because I''ve fished the spot before. Maybe I didn't install the p79 correctly, but I doubt that's it...

For fish finders....I am sold on Furuno.

I have the gsd22 and p79 hooked to a Garmin 3010c. Mine works great with no complaints. I was with the Otherline when he did the side by side comparison. Since my system is proven and tweaked, I could also compare mine to his Furuno. Although I really like mine, the Furuno IMO is a better FF that offers greater detail on the display.

The Garmin gsd 22 is not a bad FF.....however the Furuno with /b60 through hull is better.

grouperjim":1wkd4eq3 said:
I have the gsd22 and p79 hooked to a Garmin 3010c. Mine works great with no complaints. I was with the Otherline when he did the side by side comparison. Since my system is proven and tweaked, I could also compare mine to his Furuno. Although I really like mine, the Furuno IMO is a better FF that offers greater detail on the display.

The Garmin gsd 22 is not a bad FF.....however the Furuno with /b60 through hull is better.

Yeah, we spent so much time tweaking the machines, we didn't catch any fish. :oops: The goal of the trip was to locate some "rocks" that a friend of mine told me held some nice fish.... We were on a search mission. Finally found the "rocks". Wild goose chase.

GJ did get me up to speed on several settings which helped alot.

grouperjim":2bsq41e5 said:

A very accurate statement, I believe.

Garmin makes some of the best chartplotters on the planet, but when it comes to fishfinders and radar, Furuno still holds the lead.
It's not that Garmin fishfinders and radar are below par, it's just that Furuno equipment excells in those areas (at the moment). :)

I run all Garmin on my boat and am happy with the way the GSD20 performs. However it aint no furuno :wink:

Latest posts

Back