• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Classic Parker Forum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

Fisher Canvas Boat Cover - Parker 2820 - Near New

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hello,
I am a new Parker owner (1 year). When I purchased the boat it came with this cover. I am 65 years old and this heavy duty Fisher Canvas cover is too much for me to handle so I am selling it.
It is in near new condition. It is heavy and cannot ship via UPS but must go on a pallet by truck, or you can pick it up in Mass. It costs $2,379.00 new, however I am willing to sell it for $500.00 plus freight. It goes about 100-125 lbs.
I love my new Parker!! But this cover will be too tough for me to use. Any interest please email me at [email protected]. Thanks for your interest!

Paul Boutiette

UPDATE FEB. 10, 2020: Cover is sold and no longer available. Thanks Everyone for your comments.

Attachments

• FisherCanvas_Parker_2820.jpg
    FisherCanvas_Parker_2820.jpg
    134.6 KB · Views: 444
  • Cut_Sheet.jpg
    Cut_Sheet.jpg
    20.6 KB · Views: 443
Are you certain the cover pictured is on a 2820? The gunwale line midship doesn't look right nor does the rear cabin line or the stern corners where they angle back vs the Parkers that drop straight down. .??? Or is that a representative pic from the 28' WA pictured? Any pics of it installed on the Parker?

Edit. Ahh I see from their site that's on a Grady. Any pics on the Parker?

Thanks

johnkn":1928q8no said:
Are you certain the cover pictured is on a 2820? The gunwale line midship doesn't look right nor does the rear cabin line or the stern corners where they angle back vs the Parkers that drop straight down. .??? Or is that a representative pic from the 28' WA pictured? Any pics of it installed on the Parker?

Edit. Ahh I see from their site that's on a Grady. Any pics on the Parker?

Thanks

Good observation. This is Fisher's stock photo and is on a 33' Grady. I don't have pics on the Parker however it was on the Parker 2820 when owned by the previous owner and was assured of the fit and condition.

Brent":1ofa8thp said:
Which material is used to make covers? Is it canvas? And breathable?

B2

Yes, it's a breathable canvas, treated with some sort of waxy substance for water repellent (or at least mine is). I've covered mine before with 3+" of snow in the boat and had zero mold issues. Several years ago I brought it back and he cut a zippered door into it, so now I work on it all winter long. One caveat, it's big and it's heavy. I can take mine off solo, but probably would not be able to put it on by myself.

All good questions Gentlemen. I am in contact with the former owner of my Parker 2820 and will have answers to all questions that have been asked about the Fisher canvas cover. Please allow me a day or two to get the answers. Thanks for asking.
Paul B.
Parker 2820

Or pay someone for an hour twice a year to help you cover/uncover in the fall and spring. You could have someone put a zipper in that vertical seam behind the aft vent flap for access. Since you are in New England, I am assuming it is winter stored.
Or maybe it is barn stored, and you just don't need the hassle.

I bought a Fisher cover last year and have to say it fit perfectly on my 2520. I had a zipper installed and it was a pleasure to get in and out of the boat to do projects while still being protected from the snow. It is a little heavy and can barely put on by myself, BUT get someone who you take fishing to give you a hand 2x's a year for a half hour,I wouldn't sell it.....

I suffered for more than 10 years trying to get by each winter building PVC frames, 2x4's frames you name it. I would visit the boat at the Jersey shore every couple of weeks to check in on her and the tarp would be thrashed.
I bought a Fisher cover 3 years ago and they are awesome. Not to mention the cover but as Tim mentioned Fred is a great guy with attention to detail. I added tabs and a swim platform this year and Fisher is modifying to fit.
I also went with the zipper door and makes it very conveneint for winter projects. A great value and wish I had pulled the trigger years ago. Peace of mind.
Thanks,
Larry

FISHER COVER IS SOLD FEB. 2020! Cover is no longer available. Thanks for looking and helpful comments.

Hello,
I am a new Parker owner (1 year). When I purchased the boat it came with this cover. I am 65 years old and this heavy duty Fisher Canvas cover is too much for me to handle so I am selling it.
It is in near new condition. It is heavy and cannot ship via UPS but must go on a pallet by truck, or you can pick it up in Sutton, Massachusetts. It costs $2,379.00 new, however I am willing to sell it for $500.00 plus freight. It goes about 100-125 lbs.
I love my new Parker!! But this cover will be too tough for me to use. Any interest please email me at [email protected]. Thanks for your interest!

Paul Boutiette

Attachments

• Parker_2820.jpg
    Parker_2820.jpg
    83.7 KB · Views: 184
  • FisherCanvas_Parker_2820_GW.jpg
    FisherCanvas_Parker_2820_GW.jpg
    28.7 KB · Views: 185

Latest posts

Back