Fishfinder screen shots......Lets see them.

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

grouperjim

Reaction score
With all the smack talk about about which brand of fishfinder and which type of transducer is better, lets say a picture is worth a 1000 words.

Next time you are out, please take a digital picture of your best fishfiinder presentation. Please list the following information:

1. fishfinder brand
2. transducer brand/designation/watts
3. type of install......transom mount, thru hull, or shoot thru
4. location of install (post a pic if it helps)
5. speed of boat at the time of pic

This should be fun and turn out to be an interesting comparison.

FWIW there's a good article on advanced fishfinder use in the current month's Sport Fishing magazine. There was an AWESOME photo of side-by-side shots using the 600W versus the 1kW transducers in > 200' of water. Amazing difference.

yeah Dale......i got my copy today and read it. that must have been either a lousy install or shooting thru a massive chunk of fiberglass because my presentations with a cheap p79 600w runs circles around the screen shot in that article.

i can get a very similar quality shot in 200ft as well and also up to 35 mph. TheOtherLine can verify what i am saying.

thats why i want to see real world screen shots.

I can't speak to the conclusions that the article draws because I haven't read it but; I will say that Jim's sounder setup produces incredibly good images at varying depths AND and pretty good speeds.

Certainly, my shoot through doesn't produce as well an image. Could be because I installed it behind the thru hull ducer, or could be because I didn't carve out some of the glass like Jim did. I have the P79 hooked up to my Garmin and the B60 to my Furuno.

The Furuno is my go to fishing sounder. It is not an in dash install so I remove it if I'm not fishing. I only use the Garmin sounder when putzing around with the admiral.

Grouper Jim,
I run a Furuno FCV585 with a Airmar B60-20 thru hull. While I will not discuss who has the better set up. I will say that your bilge shot is something for Kevin (Megabyte) should review and ponder!!!
Watch out he does not break out the wax. :lol: :lol: :lol:

Tom

........i know, i know, i know......water never seems to get in there. the only time there is water there is if i have been doing a lot of deep anchoring and the run off from the anchor line drains to there.

now about those screen presentations......you don't have to make a judgement about whether yours is better or worse. the eye of the beholder will decide.

all i know is FF will not post a shot of his. :shock: :D :mrgreen:

Jim,
Hopefully the boat hits the water this weekend. As soon as I remember I will bring the camera and take a couple of shots.
And no I will not shoot the bilge.

Tom

FishFactory":2p1zodw7 said:
Since the proof of best fishfinder is what's on the dock.............lets post pics of what yer fishfinder found. :wink:

he, he......finding vs. catching :twisted: whole different thread.

grouperjim":kcxzhf5q said:
........i know, i know, i know......water never seems to get in there. the only time there is water there is if i have been doing a lot of deep anchoring and the run off from the anchor line drains to there.

now about those screen presentations......you don't have to make a judgement about whether yours is better or worse. the eye of the beholder will decide.

Watch It!! Or the Egret will fly!! :lol: :lol: :lol:
MJ.

grouperjim":2wbwwvlu said:

Watch It!! Or the Egret will fly!! :lol: :lol: :lol:
MJ.

Back